Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help splitting large map into printable pages

I volunteered to help John Miller (SBNF Infomation Officer/webmaster) with a few projects. We want to take their spiffy new greensticker OHV map and put it online, just like Sequoia NF did with theirs: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/recr...m_ohv_map.html

It will soon be scanned and I'll soon have a big Photoshop image spanning several letter-sized pages.

Is there a Mac utility which can break this image down into individual pages, just like the sections in the Cannell Meadows map I cited above? Does Photoshop have this ability built in? Acrobat?

The reason for doing this is that there were a limited number of maps produced, and we felt it would be a great service to the forest vistors to be able to download and print these out. I stitched the Cannell Meadows one together with tape and had a very usable map with which to navigate last time we did Sherman Jeep Trail.

Thanks for any tips!!

Greg
    SBNFA OHV Volunteer Host Candidate

Maybe something like this can help get you started in your search, or explore the automator actions? I haven't tried it, but it seems that any printer should be able to tile a print without doing anything special ... maybe not. HTH
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Sarah, thank you.

It looks like it creates booklet-prints, and requires Tiger.

But you did give me another couple places to look. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Can you crop it to make printable sections?

I have done that with stuff from work, and it worked all right.

I have a PC though, but the same process should work on a Mac.

Good luck

Navy-Jeepster
        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
        X