Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly got taken out by an SUV

Stupid a55 SUV. Tahoe i believe, all pimped out with a DUB sticker. im driving down the street and i see up ahead this SUV pulling out on my left. im thinking he/she will go to the middle and when i pass pull out behind me. WELL, this cluck head just mows into my lane. good thing i anticipated it. SO i cut to the right lane and the #$#$@ decides to continue to the right lane. I blast my horn and he puts me into the curb with a freaking pole about 20 ft up from me. i 50/50 the curb then hit the brakes and swirved left to avoid the light pole. i'd rather hit the moron than a poll. no contact..nobody hit nothing. now that i think about it, i should of just hit that idiot head on with my stubby bumper and winch. pretty sure i would of won. i slam on the brakes and wait for the goon to come up so i can scream at him/her and they turned off to avoid me.. got me shaking and pissed like the irishman i am... took me a few lights to shake it off but God i was ready to kick some a55...
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

I know how you feel...there are too many stupid people in the world. I rest easy knowing that they are either going to make contact with my solid bumper or my tires so I just keep on driving.

Comment

sounds like california drivin to me ... sorry to hear your story but i can definitely relate!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I don't know what it is about SUVs... not all of them... just the Tahoe's and the Explorers, Excursions, and Expeditions.

I commute to work on a motorcycle in CA, so I have to be extra careful. But I can almost predict that one of theose 4 SUVs listed above will do something stupid when I come up next to them in traffic. It isn't every time, but it is defenately a non-trivial amount of the time.

The wierdest part is... if it is one of the SUVs listed above, and the color is white... the chances of something stupid happeneing are in the 70 to 80 percentile.

It's the wierest thing, I mean every driver has the potential to do something stupid on the road, but when I can look at a vehicle make model and color, and determine my risk factor... there is something up.

I am sure that there is a nice doctoral thesis here for someone to tackle.

Comment

Don't get me started with the motorcycles. Last October I was cut off on the off ramp of the 10 and milliken east bound. i was going about 50 and started the 1st curve. its a s curve exit. slowed down to about 35-40 for the second and got swiped from a guy in the right lane with right blinker. i was inside left with left blinder. he decided he REALLY needed over and cut into me. i broke hard and dropped it and broke my left clavicle in 2 complete fractures. 2 surgeries, 1 staph infection and waiting on my 3rd surgery. hit and run to....

1 was 3 blocks from my house so i picked my butt off the ground and picked my bike up myself and got home, got in the jeep and drove 4 miles to the hospital. spent 1 wk in Medsurg, 1 month with home IV and a screw about the size of a new #2 pencil.

stupid people..

i dont ride the bike no more and it was my 60 mile a day commuter.

its now for sale.

all cuz someone cant watch where the hell they drive. that was a small nissan sentra to.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

That whole section of the 10/15 is horrible anyways. All the trucks have the road so torn up. Pretty much from Cherry on the East over to Haven on the West, and 4th on the North to Jurupa on the South. That whole area is a dangerous place to drive, riding in that area scares the hell out of me.

Of course I am on the 91 when I commute so I spend 80% of my time on the white dots.

Comment

Working...
            X