Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question for everyone

O.K. so lately I've been thinking about the upcoming summer my graduation and moving out. The apartment I'm getting when I move out in July is located in downtown Richmond Virginia. Obviously the soft top wrangler is not the most secure vehicle for this kinda thing and I keep some pretty valuable stuff in my car like shotguns, paintball guns, golf clubs, and so on. My friend has a '93 ZJ with 156,000 miles and a 4.5" super flex RE kit. HE has the stock tires on it but I would transfer my 31's and AR wheels onto the ZJ. My jeep has 115k, 97, 4cyl, SE and has body damage all around and I could probably only sell it for around 4-4.5 g's. My question for everyone is....Should I trade my TJ for the ZJ and be secure or sell my TJ and find something else like a cherokee or another ZJ.

BTW:
    I love the interior of the ZJ's and they way they ride and I installed the lift on the ZJ so I know what been done and what not.
    OH yea I also can't afford to hard top/door my TJ soooooo......

Thanks,
    Parker
    A7X
    -Kodiak Wintergreen
    -1997 SE Raingler
    -31" BFG AT's
    -2" BB and 1" BL coming soon
    -Custom Exhaust
    -750 watt Sub and Amp

How about just not storing anything of value in the TJ?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
      How about just not storing anything of value in the TJ?
      X2 on that.....or save for a lockable storage box

Comment

Most of us that even have hard tops do not store valuables inside our jeep. It is just a habit that we do not break. Keeps us safe at all times, for when we do take the top off.

If you do need to store some stuff in your jeep, get a tuffy lockable box that you can bolt to your jeep.

I would never store guns in my jeep unless I was out hunting and in the wilderness.

Todd
        Navy-Jeepster
        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I'll have to agree with the above .. storying anything valuable in any vehicle is not a good idea. The ZJ might seem more secure but it's not.

A lockable steel encolsure bolted to the tub of the jeep might provide some security but then again, what if they just drive off with the jeep (or tow it away)
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I'm also worried about people slicing my top to see whats in my console and having to duct tape or get a new tope....
            A7X
            -Kodiak Wintergreen
            -1997 SE Raingler
            -31" BFG AT's
            -2" BB and 1" BL coming soon
            -Custom Exhaust
            -750 watt Sub and Amp

Comment

Originally posted by fwak
              I'm also worried about people slicing my top to see whats in my console and having to duct tape or get a new tope....
              I don't think that in the 12 years I've owned my Jeep, I've ever locked it. I don't keep anything of value in it and unless it's raining, I don't even zip up the windows. I figure that way, the thieves can poke their heads in and see that there is nothing to steal, hoping they do not cut the windows just to be malicious. (Knock on wood)
              I agree with the others about a lockable bin bolted in and not keeping anything of value in it.

Comment

I got a couple of ammo boxes 6" x 12" x 20" or thereabouts and bolted them to the top of the fender wells and installed locks. Took some work but cheaper than the Tuffy stuff.
                "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                X