Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know much about digital cameras

I was out wheeling this morning, and the Nikon D70 locked up, gave me a reading of-cannot use this card- so while messing around I reformatted my 2 gig mini drive, now that was after bringin gthe new FJ Cruiser over the Bull and I lost all of the pics, I think I am screwed for the pics, but has anyone lost format on a memory drive before? and what causes it?
    censored for having an opinion

Don't store anything on that card or reformat it again. There are programs that can recover your images off of it. I did that once a long time back and I was able to get most of my pics back (CompactFlash). Unfortunately I don't remember what program I used.
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

are you referring to a memory "drive" or a compact flash "card"?
      i have heard bad things about the mini hard drives. soposedly very unstable, especially to shock.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

yes a mini drive, I have been using it for over a year, now suddenly this happens
        I love the 2 gigs of space, I can shood raw format without worrying about space
        but man, I do not want to take that truck back up there, and now all is lost
        I tested it after the reformat, so I guess it is working again, and so my pics are lost
        So Eric, you suggest I get a large card for when I am offroading?and leave the Drive at home
        Last edited by blackZZR; 05-08-06, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
          yes a mini drive, I have been using it for over a year, now suddenly this happens
          I love the 2 gigs of space, I can shood raw format without worrying about space
          but man, I do not want to take that truck back up there, and now all is lost
          I tested it after the reformat, so I guess it is working again, and so my pics are lost
          So Eric, you suggest I get a large card for when I am offroading?and leave the Drive at home
          yes...
          they have high capacity cards available. much more stable.
          ERIK

Comment

well I have been using the card a while
            I like the drive better till I get offroad, then the card starts to shine, it is slower though
            Hey thanks Eric for the advice

Jim

Comment

you are welcome.
              those san disk ultra cards are pretty fast. the faster ones are quite a bit more money though.
              ERIK

Comment

I carry 2 1 gig cards. Mini drives seem to crash a lot. I may pick up a third card. Raw does eat up space....
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

well I tried a 1 gig card, tit just wasn't big enough
                  so I went in and Got a 2 gig card, seems they were recalling my old card, and when I complained about it they gave me the 2 gig card for the same price.
                  wow
                  I like the sped of the drive much better, but it does not put up with Wheeling, so now I carry the card for wheeling and the drive elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                    well I tried a 1 gig card, tit just wasn't big enough
                    so I went in and Got a 2 gig card, seems they were recalling my old card, and when I complained about it they gave me the 2 gig card for the same price.
                    wow
                    I like the sped of the drive much better, but it does not put up with Wheeling, so now I carry the card for wheeling and the drive elsewhere
                    what brand of card is this?
                    ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      what brand of card is this?
                      Hoodman

Comment

Working...
                      X