Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid bastards!!

someone broke into Becky's jeep the other day. they swiped most of the walmart radio from her jeep as well as the mesed up cb radio. in the process they ripped apart part of the dash, and shoved somrthing in the ignition and broke it off trying to steal the darn thing.
    here is the topper. these sorry sonofabitches cut the window which was installed on a half door that had NO LOCK!
    some people are downright stupid! they did likely $1000 damage to steal 50 dollars worth of crap.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

sorry to hear about it
    I have never locked my jeep just so they would not destroy the top to steal trinkets, however I read all over the place about idiots who do not even try to open a door before ripping the top to pieces.
    criminals are stupid
    why else would you work so hard to steal a 50 dollar radio that you cannot get 10 bucks for and if you are caught get jail time
    it is easier to work for a living
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

that sucks, was it parked in the driveway or on the street?
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Dude, that sucks...

Making me think about putting the stereo into Barb's Jeep with razors attached to the back of it... pull on that sucker now punk!
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Bummer man, sorry to hear that. A retarded half ass crime sucks more than something where you can at least take half the blame like leaving a good stereo out in an open car.
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I feel for you. I have had it happen twice to my jeep. Rather than unzip the window, they cut it...the second time they couldn't figure out how to get the stereo out, so they mangled the dash, and left empty handed (and left me out of about $500 to fix it).
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Sorry to hear it Erik. Actually just last week I ordered a wireless night-vision camera that will be pointed to my blazer (parked outside) all night. Our crime rates here are really low but I don't want for something to happen before I do this.

The camera will be wirelessly transmitting images and I plan to set up an old PC to continuously record images from it. At first I'll probably do some simple image capture every few seconds but I plan to try to set up some sort of motion capture that will start recording when there is some activity detected out there.

But I won't know how good the night vision is till I get the cam. The cams might not tell me much but at least I'll be able to see what's going on out there since I work till wee hours of the morning on a computer.

Heck if this thing works well, I might even stick a camera in the blazer for a live close-up view. The jeep is garaged so I don't worry about it.
              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Dude, That sucks! SOrry to hear than man......
                Supe
                97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
                  Sorry to hear it Erik. Actually just last week I ordered a wireless night-vision camera that will be pointed to my blazer (parked outside) all night. Our crime rates here are really low but I don't want for something to happen before I do this.

The camera will be wirelessly transmitting images and I plan to set up an old PC to continuously record images from it. At first I'll probably do some simple image capture every few seconds but I plan to try to set up some sort of motion capture that will start recording when there is some activity detected out there.

But I won't know how good the night vision is till I get the cam. The cams might not tell me much but at least I'll be able to see what's going on out there since I work till wee hours of the morning on a computer.

Heck if this thing works well, I might even stick a camera in the blazer for a live close-up view. The jeep is garaged so I don't worry about it.
                  i am interested in this idea, and have looked into it a bit. let me know what you come up with and how well it works.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    i am interested in this idea, and have looked into it a bit. let me know what you come up with and how well it works.
                    If you're parked in a dark place, I would recommend looking into infared cameras. I've used them in my past working life, and if I recall correctly, they are good for something like 35 feet without light...
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Happened to one of my vehicles a way back.
                      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                      WEB site

Comment

the Jeep will be the first vehicle I have ever owned without changing the stereo around....my sister had a Honda CRX that was at my moms work with the driver door unlocked and someone punched the passenger lock to steal the radio..people are plain old stupid. On that note I know how you feel I had a '04 Scion XB stolen from my driveway about two months ago and most of it was found in a chop shop.

Comment

Bummer Erik. You have the worst luck that way.

Infrared cameras work VERY well, that's what they use at Disneyland to monitor all the dark rides. I know of a brand that has a motion sensor built in, so you can use a time-lapse video recorder that goes to full video upon sensing of motion. Kind of expensive, but may be worth it depending on what you're trying to protect. Popular for hi-digit security setups.

Motion lights are cheap and can work pretty good as a deterrent, plus you can then use a cheap camera. A pro will disable the light anyway and snip your camera, but hey, these are usually bored kids running around all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                            Making me think about putting the stereo into Barb's Jeep with razors attached to the back of it... pull on that sucker now punk!
                            You have to be carefull with that. I have read a few stories where the thief wound up hurting themselves on boobytrapped vehicles and then sued the vehicle owner and won. Personally I like the idea of soldering large treble hooks onto the side back and side of the radio.
                            Dennis
                            04 TJ
                            4.0/Auto
                            RE 4.5 Long Arm
                            Rock-It Man Rockers
                            33x12.50 BFG A/T
                            desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

You can always use the same type of security system I have in my garage...

Hungry, rabid Pit Bull with AIDS.

Uh...the *name* of the dog smilie doesn't fit too well....
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                              X