Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First general aviation flight

today i went on my first general aviation flight... definitely an interesting experience! best part(s) was(were): i went with a certified flight instructor, got a lesson/flying time, and got it all for free!

just for good measure, the alternator crapped out, which meant no radio (opening and resetting the circuit breaker solved the problem, although the breaker seems to be faulty) then we got a little too close for comfort to another plane on approach. luckily we had clearance to land so the tower gave the other pilot an earful and they got out of the way. i swear i'm just a bucket of bad luck

i managed to snap a couple of pics on the way back to the airport... while the radios weren't working

Last edited by cbremer; 03-25-06, 03:16 AM.

thats just too cool
    I think flying is the altimate rush
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Where I work, we fly these in a trainer configuration.
      I keep trying to go for a flight. One of these days I will get a flight.

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Best ride in the world, other then a F-14 maybe.

Navy-Jeepster
      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Sweet pics! Chuck, what airport did you fly out of?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great pics Chuck. Todd love the pic of the Super Hornet.
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster
            Where I work, we fly these in a trainer configuration.
            I keep trying to go for a flight. One of these days I will get a flight.
            Hah! Good luck. I was an inflight tech on the S-3B. I tried and tried and tried to get a flight in a fighter. No go. I got some time in an EA-6B tho at Fallon. Not a bad ride.
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              Sweet pics! Chuck, what airport did you fly out of?
              flew out of Montgomery Field in Sandy Eggo- the freeway in the pics is the 8, just south of Lake Jennings. i love google earth

Comment

Cool! Did my first 3 point solo from Ramona- Brawley-Apple Valley

Small planes are fun! Good flight if you can is up the coast to SB
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

My dad has a Piper Arrow III for sale, it's a 1978 w/very low hours on the air frame. He's not logging enough hours to keep it anymore and no one to fly with. I stopped after a crash landing when I was 15 and since then he's crashed and total another, his first plane. He's not a bad pilot, it's just part of the risk of flight. I did get a ride and stick time in an old T6 or SNJ trainer a few years back, that was very cool but I had a parachute on.
                  Have fun Chuck but I'll keep all fours on the ground for now, Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X