Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acetone improved mpg for me!

Howdy fellow Jeepsters! I took a 250 mile trip this past week and tried out the addition of 100% (3 oz/10 gal) to the gas tank. It increased my gas mileage! I've got a 16 gallon tank in my 90 Jeep Cherokee and I got an extra 42 miles from the tank despite driving 80mph. I was definitely impressed and will continue to use it.

At first, when I heard about this tip from JP magazine, I was rather skeptical. Pardon verbage, but I thought it was kind of bullshit. However, I read some stuff on the internet and figured I would give it a try since gas is 2.49 a gallon. Also, it's such a small ratio of acetone to gas. I mean, you're not doing a 50/50 mix or anything. So, it was definitely worth trying.

So, I just wanted to report that it worked great in my car. Give it a try if you feel like it. Just posting this to let you know it worked for me. Some may read this and think its bullshit. That's fine. I'm getting the extra gas mileage I was hoping for. Just wanted to pass along the fact that it worked for me, just in case it helps someone else out. Just my 2 cents.

Lets us know how it goes after a couple months. I have heard of people saying it work great for them for awhile then returned to normal
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

will do! even if it only works for a couple months, its some extra dough right now. :-) we'll see how it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmuddin247
        Howdy fellow Jeepsters! I took a 250 mile trip this past week and tried out the addition of 100% (3 oz/10 gal) to the gas tank. It increased my gas mileage! I've got a 16 gallon tank in my 90 Jeep Cherokee and I got an extra 42 miles from the tank despite driving 80mph. I was definitely impressed and will continue to use it.

At first, when I heard about this tip from JP magazine, I was rather skeptical. Pardon verbage, but I thought it was kind of bullshit. However, I read some stuff on the internet and figured I would give it a try since gas is 2.49 a gallon. Also, it's such a small ratio of acetone to gas. I mean, you're not doing a 50/50 mix or anything. So, it was definitely worth trying.

So, I just wanted to report that it worked great in my car. Give it a try if you feel like it. Just posting this to let you know it worked for me. Some may read this and think its bullshit. That's fine. I'm getting the extra gas mileage I was hoping for. Just wanted to pass along the fact that it worked for me, just in case it helps someone else out. Just my 2 cents.
        You aren't telling us how many miles you went and and many gals it took.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
        X