Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I spent about 9 hours straight working on the jeep ...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent about 9 hours straight working on the jeep ...

... which is not really anything amazing except that it was in single digits outside all day (now it's -3F) and I don't have a heater in the garage. Though I have to say at times like this, you REALLY start to appreciate a pair of 1000W halogen work lights right behind your neck

Hooked me up a couple of 4" Hella driving lights up front, a couple of el cheapo ($15) fog lights on the tire carrier, ran some 10 AWG wire all the way to the back for future uses, and cleaned up a lot of my old wiring and switches in the dash.

I also relocated my winch solenoid box under the hood to keep it away from the elements.

All in all, I'd say I had a very productive day.

Now all that's left is to figure out how the heck to fool the alarm to think I have doors when I take them off (it's a lot more complicated than just putting a switch or bypassing some wires) ... it's one of those fancy bi-directional dealies that beeps your remote when the alarm goes off. It also has remote start but I'm not going to mess with that yet since I have a manual tranny.

03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Wow, you got alot done despite the weather up there, brrrr :cactus: I wonder if it'd help to have one of those little tent/golf cart heaters next to you in the garage.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
      I spent about 9 hours straight blah blah blah
      Yea? Well I just spent 9 hours strait........sleeping. So there!:cactus:
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
        ... Though I have to say at times like this, you REALLY start to appreciate a pair of 1000W halogen work lights right behind your neck...

I hear ya. I've been plumbing new construction for the past year and it's not a good idea to bring most heaters into crawl spaces, but 4 or 5 Halogens will heat up crawlers quick.
        I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
        1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Working...
        X