Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got banned from JF, here I'am haha.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got banned from JF, here I'am haha.

Just as the title says I was banned by Jeepforum. I'am not a troll, I had been a paying member for since april and recently upgraded to become a "lifetime" member at a cost of $100. I had in excess of 1400 posts, I don't mean this to be an indication of my knowledge as I'm admittedly somewhat of a newb into the Jeep world. I have only had my Jeep for one year now. However if I were a troll I would have been banned long before I had achieved such a post count and not enjoyed the longevity I did on JF.

Why was I banned, hmm, because I got tired of the mods and admin constantly deleting or editing threads and made my feelings clear, without the use of profanity. I stated my opinions in a thread in general discussion, this post was IMMEDIATLY deleted by admin (Keith). And I was told to "knock it off" and not make any drama. Drama was not the intent of the thread, I was merely outlining the reasons that prompted me to choose to depart JF. I also wanted to make some of the friends I had made on JF aware of my departure.

Due to the deletion of this thread I began pming my friends and informing them of my departure. I also inquired if any of them would like to purchase my lifetime membership which I was selling for either $50-$75. All inquired as to why I was leaving and a few tried to convince me to stay. However the majority of my friends shared similar sentiments to myself on the rather recent negative changes that have been occuring on JF. Several of my friends had said due to the recent changes and the way the mods had delt with them or the way they handled deleting or modifying threads they would not be renewing theri memberships. The fact that certain members of JF seem to act with impunity while others are quickly reprimanded for nothing is raising the ire of many of the supporting JF members. As I was pming my friends discussing the current Nazi like environment on JF my account was locked out and I'm assuming that means I was banned.

Apparently no dissent on JF is allowed. Hence my belief that JF has become Nazi like, and the amusing thing is that I was not the only member to use those words in describing the environment on JF. When a moderator deletes or edits a post you cannot ask him why, if so he will typically give an abrubt answer and lock the thread. I think the power the moderators percieve they have has gone to some of their heads. If the current trend on JF continues I suspect there will be a small exodous of some of the core supporters of JF. Will it hurt JF, maybe, maybe not. I will tell you prior to this whole affair I preached to everyone I knew about JF. JF is a great rescource to learn, and there are a great many kind and helpful people on that forum that helped me to learn about my Jeep. Unfortunatly if Keith doesn't reign in some of his mods I believe some of the JF supporters will seek greener pastures, just as I have done. In my speaking to some of my friends on JF more then a few expressed that they would not be renewing their subscription/support for JF and a couple had said they were entertaining the thought of upgrading to a lifetime membership but recent events and how they were handled by the mods/admin had swayed their decision to hold off on the upgrade.

My apologies for the rant, just needed someplace to vent. Rest assured that I'm not a troll, you shall see. Perhaps some of you know me from JF already, my SN was the same as it is here and you will see my posts were helpful, (at least this is what I was told by other members) and courteous. Perhaps a few more members of JF will decide to join me on this forum, not sure yet. We were discussing alternatives in PM when my account was locked out.

To the mods and admin of JF I would just like to give a big

Sig Hail (sp?) I believe that is probably the official moderator and admin slogan/greeting.

M'kay
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Last edited by igofshn; 12-02-05, 06:22 PM.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

ok, that is going to be the last post about it. I dont want the spill over. Take it to a PM, please.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Welcome to the Board ...we just dont want the drama over here...Itsa drag that JF was being weird.

Enjoy the board, and we look forward to you joining us on some runs.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
            Welcome to the Board ...we just dont want the drama over here...Itsa drag that JF was being weird.

Enjoy the board, and we look forward to you joining us on some runs.

Tam
            Will do Tam, thanks . I just about have my Jeep where I want it, only I'm broke as a result, haha.

John.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.MarineLJ
              Just as the title says I was banned by Jeepforum. I'am not a troll, I had been a paying member for since april and recently upgraded to become a "lifetime" member at a cost of $100. I had in excess of 1400 posts, I don't mean this to be an indication of my knowledge as I'm admittedly somewhat of a newb into the Jeep world. I have only had my Jeep for one year now. However if I were a troll I would have been banned long before I had achieved such a post count and not enjoyed the longevity I did on JF.

Why was I banned, hmm, because I got tired of the mods and admin constantly deleting or editing threads and made my feelings clear, without the use of profanity. I stated my opinions in a thread in general discussion, this post was IMMEDIATLY deleted by admin (Keith). And I was told to "knock it off" and not make any drama. Drama was not the intent of the thread, I was merely outlining the reasons that prompted me to choose to depart JF. I also wanted to make some of the friends I had made on JF aware of my departure.

Due to the deletion of this thread I began pming my friends and informing them of my departure. I also inquired if any of them would like to purchase my lifetime membership which I was selling for either $50-$75. All inquired as to why I was leaving and a few tried to convince me to stay. However the majority of my friends shared similar sentiments to myself on the rather recent negative changes that have been occuring on JF. Several of my friends had said due to the recent changes and the way the mods had delt with them or the way they handled deleting or modifying threads they would not be renewing theri memberships. The fact that certain members of JF seem to act with impunity while others are quickly reprimanded for nothing is raising the ire of many of the supporting JF members. As I was pming my friends discussing the current Nazi like environment on JF my account was locked out and I'm assuming that means I was banned.

Apparently no dissent on JF is allowed. Hence my belief that JF has become Nazi like, and the amusing thing is that I was not the only member to use those words in describing the environment on JF. When a moderator deletes or edits a post you cannot ask him why, if so he will typically give an abrubt answer and lock the thread. I think the power the moderators percieve they have has gone to some of their heads. If the current trend on JF continues I suspect there will be a small exodous of some of the core supporters of JF. Will it hurt JF, maybe, maybe not. I will tell you prior to this whole affair I preached to everyone I knew about JF. JF is a great rescource to learn, and there are a great many kind and helpful people on that forum that helped me to learn about my Jeep. Unfortunatly if Keith doesn't reign in some of his mods I believe some of the JF supporters will seek greener pastures, just as I have done. In my speaking to some of my friends on JF more then a few expressed that they would not be renewing their subscription/support for JF and a couple had said they were entertaining the thought of upgrading to a lifetime membership but recent events and how they were handled by the mods/admin had swayed their decision to hold off on the upgrade.

My apologies for the rant, just needed someplace to vent. Rest assured that I'm not a troll, you shall see. Perhaps some of you know me from JF already, my SN was the same as it is here and you will see my posts were helpful, (at least this is what I was told by other members) and courteous. Perhaps a few more members of JF will decide to join me on this forum, not sure yet. We were discussing alternatives in PM when my account was locked out.

To the mods and admin of JF I would just like to give a big

Sig Hail (sp?) I believe that is probably the official moderator and admin slogan/greeting.
              you are going to want to really watch your p's and q's here
              we do not tolerate half of the crap that took place on jeepforum on this board , so behave like a gentleman.
              this board does not get into board wars and in now way tolerates any attempt in doing so. you have stated your feelings about the mods and admin on jf, and i am sorry to see this as your first post on this board.
              Last edited by NAILER341; 12-03-05, 12:21 AM.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Random Thought.

I probably could have gone my entire life without knowing any of that and just said "hey, welcome to the board." Needless to say (again) you wont run into any moderator/administrator issues here. Everyone gets along and actually KNOW each other and help each other out; even if it's moving a house full of furniture. As a fellow Devil, was wondering if you are on the street time now? If so, I'd be suprised if you ever get time to get out and wheel.

Welcome, take it easy.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nope, I'm not on the street as of yet. I will find out on the 7th or 8th if I'm found "qualified". Merely a formality as I already know I'am. From there the HRST team will try to romance the monitor into letting me go. If I'm selected I may decide to sit this one out and seek emplyment elsewhere at the end of my contract.

John

Comment

hey guys...

I understand that theres alot of emotion here...but we really dont want it to continue on this board, regardless of which side its on.

Youre welcome to take this to pm, lets please keep it off the public forum,

USMarine LJ...check your pms

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Well, now that we all got that out of our systems, I think I'll close this one up. USMLJ said what he wanted to say. Anyone that has beef can take it to a PM.

Thanks
                        Chris

PS. MMMMMM, Beef.
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                        X