Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a sad, sad day.

Anyone care to venture a guess as to the actual location of this little blasting exercize???

OK, here's another hint: The "after" pic:

Still don't recognize it? Would you believe it if I told you they blew up "gate keeper" on the Rubicon???

This sucks!!!
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

that sucks, it is a terrible thing, gatekeeper kept the wanna bes out
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Indeed Sad...however, before everyone gets all freaked out, Ive done a bit of reading, and it appears that the erosion problems (the wide right, and the left up over the two boulders) on Gatekeeper needed serious attention. There is a natural spring there as well. The erosion was making people take illegal bypasses through private property. They are going to rebuild it, after building a more efficient way to direct the water through it. They are actually encouraging folks to choose rocks from the spillway for use at Gatekeeper.

It wont be the way it was before, unfortunately.. From what I hear though, Little Sluice is next, and probably not for the same reasons.

Tam
      Last edited by JeepGal; 11-27-05, 05:01 PM.
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I talked to Del at PVD and he said Little Sluice is CLOSED forever.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I think this year is going to be my last run over the 'con. One last time to see it, and then remember it the way it was...:sad:
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

booo! that is sad.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

You need to start coming my way so we can run Duesy or Swamp.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                You need to start coming my way so we can run Duesy or Swamp.
                those are deffinately at the top of my list. when the season starts up again for those, i'd love to go wheel them with you. i have been wanting to run the dusey for a long time, and it will likely wind up the replacement for the con... so we better get to it before the rest of em'

i am really disappointed to hear that the little sleuce is closed. i wanted to run it last year, but the sun was going down too quickly having to make trail repairs and stuff.... oh well, maybe it will be temporary.

now for the gate-keeper. what is the reason for demoing that? i am unclear on that one. did it get blasted to make an improvement., or are they planning to do away with it?
                does anyone know about this, or have been in contact with del for an explanation as to what in the sam hell is really going on out there?
                ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  those are deffinately at the top of my list. when the season starts up again for those, i'd love to go wheel them with you. i have been wanting to run the dusey for a long time, and it will likely wind up the replacement for the con... so we better get to it before the rest of em'

i am really disappointed to hear that the little sleuce is closed. i wanted to run it last year, but the sun was going down too quickly having to make trail repairs and stuff.... oh well, maybe it will be temporary.

now for the gate-keeper. what is the reason for demoing that? i am unclear on that one. did it get blasted to make an improvement., or are they planning to do away with it?
                  does anyone know about this, or have been in contact with del for an explanation as to what in the sam hell is really going on out there?
                  Lets plan a dusey run for mid July. Maybe a thursday-sunday (20-23). You can stay at my place wednsday night.

Comment

This so sucks... I guess I should have gone on the Rubicon trip this year.
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

pencil that in....
                      i generally go up to huntington lake toward the end of july or begining of august for a couple of weeks. so i have to plan the ducey either far enough ahead of or at the same time as that trip so i can get away with it. it would be ideal for me to do it at the begining of the huntington lake trip so i can drop off all of my junk at the cabin, run the ducey, and go back up the mountain to hang out with the family at the lake for a week. hmmm. sounds great to me.

i have to wait a bit to find out what the cabin schedule is... i personally do not reserve the cabin. to continue this conversation and keep this thread on topic, we should create a new thread, or take it to pm's.

tam, you have a repoir with del... can you get in touch with him to find out what is happening out there?
                      ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                        The erosion was making people take illegal bypasses through private property. They are going to rebuild it, after building a more efficient way to direct the water through it. They are actually encouraging folks to choose rocks from the spillway for use at Gatekeeper.
                        Erik, this is from Tam's post above, what's not clear?

Originally posted by nagal
                        This so sucks... I guess I should have gone on the Rubicon trip this year.
                        ... story of your life!!
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          Erik, this is from Tam's post above, what's not clear?

... story of your life!!
                          well, why not make the private area impassable? there is more than one way to skin a cat.

this is indeed a forum with people.
                          great quote
                          ERIK

Comment

hehehehehee
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Tam, I hope you are correct in that this is simply the first step in a greater project, rather than the last step. I have heard several rumors, but all of them are just that....rumors.
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                              X