Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Jennings

I think we need to reflect a bit about a man who helped change the news as we preceive it.
    Peter Jennings was part of American life for so long that many cannot remember when the first heard the name, he helped shape Americas opinions and preception of the world.
    Now with his passing, and the retirement in shame of another,
    AMERICA CAN FINALLY GET SOME NEWS THAT IS NOT SLANTED WITH PERSONAL POLITICAL OPINION DEFACING THE TRUTH. And maybe now we will not have to go to the BBC feed to get the real news.
    censored for having an opinion

Originally posted by blackZZR
    I think we need to reflect a bit about a man who helped change the news as we preceive it.
    Peter Jennings was part of American life for so long that many cannot remember when the first heard the name, he helped shape Americas opinions and preception of the world.
    Now with his passing, and the retirement in shame of another,
    AMERICA CAN FINALLY GET SOME NEWS THAT IS NOT SLANTED WITH PERSONAL POLITICAL OPINION DEFACING THE TRUTH. And maybe now we will not have to go to the BBC feed to get the real news.
    Tell us how you really feel Jim!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I had to laugh, sorry.

I didnt know he kicked off.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Peter who?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
          .....Now with his passing, and the retirement in shame of another,
          You think that we will actually get unbiased news just because two of the jack@$$es are gone? It is going to take alot more than that.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Well it moght be a start in the right direction

Comment

If you really want your eyes (or rather ears) opened, buy a shortwave radio and listen to all the various accounts of the same situation
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

not only did I grow up with a shortwave redio, I also spent half of my shildhood living in the orient. I am a Air Force Brat. It really opens your eyes living around different cultures, especially during your formative years. I have an appreciation for this country's freedoms that most take for granted. Also I can say that the propaganda machine we produce is tremendous. Yes sadly, we are propagandalized as is every nation by it's society and governmant, and a lot of that is how the news is reported to us. I would never call myself a conservative, nor in anyway could I be called a Liberal, but I find the pick of stories and how they are presented to us in the news criminal. If you listen to the press, We are losing a war in Iraq because of personel numbers, but if you listen to world news feeds, the New nation of Iraq is fighting the terrorist as hard as we are and together we are making headway. Do I beleive in the war in Iraq? Let me say I do not beleive the excuses we are given to be there. Do I beleive we need to be there? Yes, but it is a world economic reason and not a terrorist reason. 14% of the worlds oil supplies are in the sphere of influence of that nation, and that is why unleaded mid grade was 2.78 this morning.
                THe infastructure of the country is being replaced from wars destruction, Schools and social services thrive, a nation is writing it's fundementals in law and future culture, and we sit back and are biased into thinking it is a big failure by a press that wants to argue over weather the womens rights in that country should be the same as ours. Sheesh, we as a modern nation just cleared that issue up...., wait, oh we are still argueing that issue.
                Infact most of the middle east is a century behind the times in that issue.
                Now before I am accused of wanting women to be put down and abused, let me point out that if we PUSH it on them they will forever resist it, if we let it evolve then they will accept it as part of a changing world.
                One of the reasons they hate us so much is we PUSH our lifestyle on everyone even without thinking about it. It is called Hollywood. They are a extremely conservative society and will fight to stay that way, Just look at the body count. But in Iraq the people are being given a chance and the changes are happening at a phenominal rate. Stability in the area is of our national economic intrest. If you do not beleive that look around at what it cost you extra for everything because of the rise in oil prices.
                I will get off my soap box now.:poop: :poop: :poop:

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  If you really want your eyes (or rather ears) opened, buy a shortwave radio and listen to all the various accounts of the same situation
                  We have a shortwave. What channels do you listen to and when? I have never found anything good on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                    I have never found anything good on it.
                    Thats because SW does not have Podcasts
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                      Thats because SW does not have Podcasts
                      What a great idea! Everyone should have a Personal On-Demand broadcast!

Comment

What a great idea! Everyone should have a Personal On-Demand broadcast!
                        You are right. Time to break out the guitar, drum machine and CuBase to make some "music" to share with the world.
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

You are right. Time to break out the guitar, drum machine and CuBase to make some "music" to share with the world.
                          Well, I do have an electric guitar sitting around going to waste. (Anyone want it?!) But I was thinking more along the lines of "GarageBand." Hehe

Comment

Well, I do have an electric sitting around going to waste. (Anyone want it?!) But I was thinking more along the lines of "GarageBand." Hehe
                            Do give it away, we can get together and jam. How much "talent" does it really take to play 3 chord punk?
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Do give it away, we can get together and jam. How much "talent" does it really take to play 3 chord punk?
                              Wow, where is my famous "mac rip?" I kinda missed it

Comment

Working...
                              X