Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping an axle

I have someone interested in purchasing my rear axle. I informed him that he needs to take care of all shipping/delivery etc. He came back to me stating he wantes to send me $3000 in which the extra money isfor shipping and wants me to wire the money to the shipping company.

It really sounds like one of those email hoaxes but just unsure. Has anyone been in a situation like this. I mean, there should be a way where he can deal with all the transaction, right?
    Last edited by TJSUPE; 07-18-05, 11:19 AM.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

I bought an axle that had to be shipped. The way it worked in my case was the shipper put the axle on a pallet then dropped it off at a fed-ex facility. Fed-ex then sent me the bill after the axle was deliveried. This was to a business address.

Not sure if that is any help or not.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

3 large?!? Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to come get it?!?
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

He is in Texas. This is why I think it is one of those hoaxes you sometimes see on an email.

You know when they say they will send you all the is money vie money order and want you to wire them back the money and they will pay you for it.

I new someone buying a whole 35 was too good to be true!
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

I wasnt going to post this but thought it to be ok as long as I dont put his email address on it. This is his reply back to me after I told him a little information on the axle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Hello ,
          Thanks for your reply ,i have seen the price and its ok by me then i will instruct my client in states to issue a money order to you. so you should expect a money order of $3,000 . the excess is for my shipper that will be coming for pick up.the funds will be used for the shipping of the (DANA 35 with drum to drum with 3.07's.} along side 3 other cars placed order for in care of myshipper.i'll imploy you to wire the balance via western union money transfer to my shipper as soon as you RECEIVE the money order.My SHIPPER will come for pick up on a specicified date that will be convenient for you.i hope i can count on you for my balance I ALSO WANT THIS TO BASE ON TRUST CAN I TRUST YOU?...P.S i will like you to give me your contact info...
          Name in full ...............
          Address
          zip code
          phone number
          NOTE :I WILL LIKE YOU TO CONSIDER IT SOLD TO ME KEEP OFF OTHER BUYERS
          BEST REGARDS
          Supe

Comment

Okay after reading the email I fully understand what is being said. Run and run fast! I am 99% sure this is a scam.

If you want to mess with him some, I would reply to him, send the money order drawn on a US Bank (perferable one you can physical go to). Once the money order has cleared the bank I will wire the extra money to your shipper. That will probably make him not want the axles
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

It's a scam

They try these all the time from ads in the Recycler.

If you want more info on it, do a yahoo search on "foriegn buyer cashier check scam". There's quite a bit of info on it as one of the oldest check scams around.

Comment

I figured it was a scam. Right when he mentioned wiring the money, it triggered.

Thanks guys....
                Supe

Comment

Are you retarded?

have him send you the MO then ship him a crate full of shit. Better start now.
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Run away!
                    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                      Are you retarded?

Isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black?
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                        That was good!
                        Supe

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                          TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!

Harty har!
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I have read about that form of a scam many many times. and it still goes on
                            Another scam is that they ask you to cash a check for them in america because their foriegn bank will not accept it, but keep half the money for doing it, send them 1000 and they will send you a check for 2000, and people fall for it, Every day. Like the foriegn bank would take your check if it would not take theirs. But peoples greed wins out more than caution does.
                            My advice, have him send the money order, deposit it, wait till it clears, after you have the cash in hand (which I doubt you ever will) ship and if it bounces, turn it over to the Postal Police, they will go after the shippers address and bust the scam.
                            PS if the shippers address is not a street adress, like a P.O. Box or a Postal etc address, You know the money order is fake
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Too much energy and time wasted to put into someone that was trying to screw me. I know it in the back of my head. Just had to be sure. I have too received those out of the country scams. Sad that people have to do things like that. Oh well.....
                              Supe

Comment

Working...
                              X