Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was the fireworks display?

Where'd you go? What'd you see?

Saturday we were at the Perris Raceway with Tam & Chris watching the sprint cars race. Afterwards there was a fireworks show which I thought was cool because it was set to music!

Monday night Rick and I took Jill and went to Apple Valley's fireworks. Rick navigated through the back streets and got us a box seat right before the show started. I thought it was cool because the fireworks started 3 fires!

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Fireworks were cool. I watched em from my hot tub. They launch em from a field at the end of my street.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

starting fires

every year they try to burn down Mt Rubideaux in Riverside during the 4th fireworks display. This year they got a jump on it, seems as they were setting up the fireworks the mount caught on fire. and they had to get out of there till it was put out. I guess it is a private Riverside Joke as to why that is so funny.
      I usually have to stay home, seems Barker goes nuts durring the fireworks season so I stay and keep him calm. but we live less than a mile from a display and I can watch it from home.
      Now last night I was going down the freeway and was wondering where in Casa Blanca ( a neighborhood in Riverside) they were holding a display. Well as I passed I noticed the fireworks were coming from a broad area, so it seems that the entire neighbor hood was celebrating with fireworks and were putting on a bigger display than some of the professional shows. The police do not really go down that area to patrol real heavy, if you remember about 12 years ago they sent a helecopter to check out a loud party and the party goers shot it down. They really thow a party in Casa Blanca.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Went down to the beach about a mile south of the pier. The display would've been nice, axcept the wind was blowing our way, so many of the fireworks were shrouded by the previous fireworks smoke... so, it wasn't that great. Oh well, was nice to be with family.

Michael
        1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
        3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

We perched ourselfs on top of the Jeep on the Raingler net, on top of a 5 story parking lot to watch the fireworks go up into the fog. But not all was lost, a group of teenagers had the same idea with a back-up plan, a bunch of their own fireworks that we enjoyed too.

B&T TJ

Comment

We can see the Temecula show from our upstairs bedrooms, so we set up camp up there and had a nice BBQ with friends.
            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I don't remember anything after nightfall and I'm happy with that.
              Bryan
              2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
              front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
              Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Does stars from your head hitting a fender after the breaker bar breaks count for fireworks?? If so i saw them in my garage. LOL LOL.. Was trying to break a nut loose on the axle of my daughter car and the part that goes in the socket twisted off puttting my face into the fender.. OUCH!!
                04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                4" rough country springs
                Nth degree arms upper and lower
                1" Currie MML/BL
                Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                33"BFG MT's
                Lock-rite in the front

Comment

City of Lakewood show Sat night, show after the Dodger game Sunday night, block party in lakewood Monday night. Good news - fireworks are legal in Lakewood. Better news - nobody bothers with the legal stuff

Oscar the Wonderwienerdog slept through most of it......
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I walked out my front door and watched the ones from the Victor Valley Fairgrounds, couldn't see most of it due to trees. Even tried sitting on "Marvin" that didn't help!! A housing track (Spring Valley Lake) was to put some on and that's straight in front of my house, but couldn't see those at all this year. The blasted trees grew bigger :sad:
                    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I packed ~22.5 miles along Fish Creek in the White Mountains (south/east AZ). Started in Hannagan Meadow and ended up at the Black River....then back to where I started. Very cool trip with some people I have not been able to visit with in a long time. Also nice to find running water in AZ this time of year (of course, we were at ~8000').
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I didn't see any at all....I was at work. Oh well, I got paid twice for one day
                        04 Rubicon
                        4.5" RE Super Flex
                        1" BL
                        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                        35" el cheapos
                        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Working...
                        X