Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a GPS Overhead

Has anyone attempted to mount their GPS to the rollbar? The only problem is it would have to hang upside down, which I think defies most setups. Rick and I are looking at going the marine route, so we can permantently mount it. I found this RAM Mount but am not sure if it can do the job well. I emailed them and of course the email bounced.

(We have the Garmin V)
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Originally posted by sarah
    Has anyone attempted to mount their GPS to the rollbar?
    I have a custom roll cage and I mounted my mine to the horizontal bar that runs on top of the dash. The mount is very secure but there is a significant amount of vibration transmitted through the bar. Not a prob off road but a little annoying on the street.

Try to mock up the installation first to see if this is a prob for you.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
      I have a custom roll cage and I mounted my mine to the horizontal bar that runs on top of the dash. The mount is very secure but there is a significant amount of vibration transmitted through the bar. Not a prob off road but a little annoying on the street.

Try to mock up the installation first to see if this is a prob for you.
      Ah, good point. Maybe I can have Rick weld me in a bar like yours. It might be easier to see it there, than hanging from above. Which mount did you choose?

Nice avatar! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!! It's bananas!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I made this one - worked very well- screws into the windshield frame at the top.
        Kirk
        1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
        X