X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was about 7 miles north of Anza
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Glad that everyone is all right down there.

Here in the central valley, we have not felt one since the Paso Robles one about two years ago. And I was gone for that one.

Todd
      Navy-Jeepster
      Gold Digger
      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Earthquakes????? Never had the experience. Hmmmmm, trade ya a midwest twister for a shot at one of your quakes I'd rather fall in a a crack in the earth than go flying up up and away (without an airplane).
        04 Rubicon
        4.5" RE Super Flex
        1" BL
        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
        35" el cheapos
        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
          Earthquakes????? Never had the experience. Hmmmmm, trade ya a midwest twister for a shot at one of your quakes I'd rather fall in a a crack in the earth than go flying up up and away (without an airplane).
          At least with a twister you kinda' know it's coming. Quakes can get you early in the morning or just without warnig. I remember in school we use to have fire drills and earthquake drills where the teacher would scream, "Duck!" and we would all jump up out of our desks and then underneath them.
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
            It's only a matter of time before Kalifornia falls off into the ocean. I recommend leaving while you can.
            I'm kinda hoping that it breaks at the San Andreas fault. That way the ocean should be at palmdale and then make my property value rise like mad .

My daughter called me after it happend as she lives in westwood, and it woke her up, I was in frazier park gassing up when she called and I didnt know anything about it, I was on 138 on my way to frazier park
            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
            4" rough country springs
            Nth degree arms upper and lower
            1" Currie MML/BL
            Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
            33"BFG MT's
            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Adalanto = Adelanto did feel it. My mom lives there and she felt it. I didn't feel it because I was stoned on medication.

And midwest twisters you don't always know it's coming. I've lived in Ohio and we had a twister one time and didn't know it (know from first hand experience--look up Xenia, Ohio twister April 3, 1974).

But I agree with tjrubicon, "would rather fall through the cracks then go flying up and away (without an airplane)"
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                At least with a twister you kinda' know it's coming. Quakes can get you early in the morning or just without warnig. I remember in school we use to have fire drills and earthquake drills where the teacher would scream, "Duck!" and we would all jump up out of our desks and then underneath them.

HA!! Believe it or not, a while back (I think probably 1988 or so) we had earthquake drills in school too. One of those prediction people predicted a very strong earth quake around our area (Midwest), so we started having earthquake drills....so fun squishin yourself under desks and tables.

We rely on this siren thingy thats supposed to be really loud and go off when twister threats are present in time to take cover....I think I have heard ours once in the 20 years living here, and that was just to test it. Maybe it just goes off after everything has already happened :confused: I dunno...At least we get to watch our natural disasters (mud slides, fires, and other non-earthquake/twister disasters put aside)
                04 Rubicon
                4.5" RE Super Flex
                1" BL
                CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                35" el cheapos
                Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Was working at the Honda Ride for Kids (Glen Helen, Devore). Actually watched the ground roll up under one of my team.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                    Was working at the Honda Ride for Kids (Glen Helen, Devore). Actually watched the ground roll up under one of my team.
                    No way! I thought people that told me stuff like that were just jerkin' my chain because they knew it would freak me out.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah, I was in a earthquake so bad in the Phillipines the we watched the ground wave like the ocean coming at us, it knocked us off our feet.
                      I was a young teenager and the memories are like it was yesterday.
                      I consider these we have out here in SoCal mild compared to that.
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

i was asleep for this one ~ had no idea it even happened. since moving out here in march, so far i've only felt one. not my first earthquake though, i actually experienced one in pa.

Comment

I actually experienced one in Ohio when I was a teenager (1980s).
                          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                          X