Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for SoCal Salvage Yards

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so I just put it in the 'catch-all'. Here's what I'm looking for. I've heard a lot of guys talking about salvage yards and recycle centers for Jeeps in all of the forums. And I've been tracking things that get passed there. All good stuff.

Problem is... I have no idea where the salvage yards in California. Let alone the ones by my neck of the woods. I'm planning to pimp Michael for as much info as he will give me... but I was wondering if there was a list of Salvage yards that you have been to and know are good. Maybe a phone number and point of contact to ask for?

This deployment is winding down and I'm stoked to get wrenching. But... I'll need parts first. Hence, salvage yards. The only problem with this, is that sometimes people horde their sources. And if that's the case with Jeepers and salvage yards... lookout because I'll be hitting the road looking for them... he he he.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Scotties Jeep and 4x4 dismantleing in fontana, it is right behind the racetrack, they specialize in jeeps and can get you anything
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

There are 2 yards in Pacoima,one is called jeeponly on san fernando rd. I think the other is on sheldon rd or tuxford about a 1/4 mile South of glenoaks.
      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
        Scotties Jeep and 4x4 dismantleing in fontana, it is right behind the racetrack, they specialize in jeeps and can get you anything
        I think I've heard of this one... it's supposed to be some kind of "Elephant Graveyard" for Jeeps right? Maybe I can find a better body than what I have in there. Any phone numbers for it? Ah hell, I'll look it up on the internet!! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch
          There are 2 yards in Pacoima,one is called jeeponly on san fernando rd. I think the other is on sheldon rd or tuxford about a 1/4 mile South of glenoaks.
          Yikes, I dont even know where Pacoima is!!! I'll have to look that one up on Yahoo Maps or something. I'm so anxious to get back now!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X