Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speakers q's

does anyone know if u can run speakers through an amplifier or how?
    my cheap head unit puts out 60 watts and each of my speakers will accept 200 and i have 2 . i also have a 300 watt amp lying around and wanted to know if i can use that to "better" my sound till i get a new head unit.
    thanx
    Jim
    ../l ,[____],
    l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Does your old head unit have unamplified outputs? Those are what you need to run to your amp. Otherwise put the powered (60w) ouput to your speakers. If you can run through the amp you may get better sound depending on the quality of the amp versus the head unit. Generally, the lower the power setting, the better the signal quality- so since the head unit at 100% has the same power as the amp at 20% the amp should sound better., However, be sure not to crank the 300w amp more than halfway or you could damage your speakers.
    It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
    and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

thanx for the help.... my dad and i took the jeep out muddin yesterday and ruined the front speakers and head unit cleaning them so i think ill have to get that new unit now but are the unamplified outputs the red and white wires or the blue accessory one? thanx
      Jim
      ../l ,[____],
      l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
      ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

I would go with the "accessory" output, the others sound like the speaker connections.
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

blue on my Alpine IIRC is remote power to turn on a external amp. 99% of the time your un-amplied outputs are going to be jacks not wires unless its a OEM radio.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
          X