Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Day

I get called off work again, so I jump on the ole computer to waste the day away. My dog starts going nuts and howlin because there's all kinds of sirens going on, don't think anything about it. Fire departments always doing practice runs and stuff.

My g/f comes home from getting dinner and says "Mikey's roof is blown of his garage." I was confused, how did his roof get blown off anyway. So instead of eating I go over to his house, yep no roff on his garage or back wall and missing one garage door. I asked him what happened and he says, I was working on this guys bike and forgot to order a part for mine so I went in for maybe 10 mintues to call and order my part before I forgot about it. Comes outside and sees a small fire around the bike he was working on, how it started he doesn't know.

Grabs his water hose to put it out and as soon as he steps back in with it, boom BIG fire ball caught him on fire (clothes) so of course he hightails it outta there and puts himself out. Calls 911 and within a few mintues his garage is toast. Damages: 1 02 Hayabusa (just got it back) with about 6k put into it over winter, 1 94 Ninja 250 (his wife's) nothing left, and the bike he was fixing for this guy (pretty much gone) and all the stuff from thier wedding. Also, his sons 2 pocket bikes. Everything in there is pretty much toast, nothing salvagable.

He's about to have a nervous breakdown I think. How do you help a friend out in a situation like this? He has insurance on everything except the wedding stuff so that should cover his losses, but I wish there was something I could do to help him. One of our "friends" kept asking him if he needed racing fuel for his bike and then would so "oh yeah, I forgotyou don;t need it now" and even asked him why he didn't let the house go down too. The nerve of some people, especially ones that are supposed to be friends :angry: Just thought I'd rant a little and see what others would do for thier friends if this happened to them.
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

beats me . . . buy him beers, maybe?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yikes, I never know what to do in those types of super-serious situations, but I think as long as you are there to support them, and let them know you're there ... well, that's what I would do.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
        beats me . . . buy him beers, maybe?
        That's what his wife said..."I'm ready to go get drunk now!!"

Guess it's a good thing I decided to sell my bike since that's where I kept it, guess it's my turn to help him find a replacement cause he's always telling me about deals on bikes that I "should" buy.

The hunt begins....
        04 Rubicon
        4.5" RE Super Flex
        1" BL
        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
        35" el cheapos
        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Working...
        X