Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need charleston sc info

have a potential move to charleston sc. Anyone from there that could give me a little insight into the area. (cost of living, climate, anything else I should know)

thanks

d

Beautiful area! I was station at Shaw AFB which was a couple hours away.

Charleston is on the coast, very old southern style city. Very expensive. As far as wheeling goes, probably nothing local but you are about 4/5 hours from the NC mountains. Climate should be humid always. Summer is fine until it gets into the high 80s low 90s. That might not apply to Charleston since its on the coast. You will get tons of rain, all year round. Good thing is during spring/summer it comes in rains for a little bit then goes away. Oh yeah, dont forget the hurricanes, both the drink and the storms

Hope that helps some.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

While I was in the Army, I stayed in NC and Georgia. The weather can be warm, humid and rainy during the Summer monthes (also Hurricanes), Fall is beautiful, Winter is chilly and can leave you some snow, and Spring is wet n' muddy. The one thing I remember most about that area during the warmer months.....large mosquitos that love guys from SoCal !!

Comment

Working...
      X