Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss my jeep!

Hey everyone how is it going? Me I'm in Iraq and miss my jeep! All I get to drive in A up-armored Humvee. It's better than nothing and is bullet proof well the body is, can't say much for the drivetrain ot engine. The Army shoud go back to jeeps! Hey If anyone got some old 4x4 or jeep magazines send them here all they have are sport tunner mag's in the PX.
    Address: SGT Karbo, David J.
    HHT 1/11 ACR
    Camp Taji, Iraq
    APO AE 09378

Thanks, Tonka Dave

Proudly Serving!
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

As soon as the post office opens Monday, I'll send what I have.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Mine will be heading to you soon.

They didn't have HumVee's when I was in the service, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I don't see many (civilian) HumVee's off road so that tells me a lot. We used, and abused the willy's MB. What I can say is, the MB was one tough hunk of metal. The HumVee doesn't get the positive feedback and comments like the Jeep. The jeep has proven it self many times over. The HumVee, in my opinion has not. I would be interested to hear comments from the service men, and women who rely on the HumVee today, maybe I'm one sided due to the lack of exposure to the HumVee.

USMC Recon 1975-1979
      1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

I have seen several H1's (civilian version) off road, they did very well considering they are like 4 times as wide as a jeep.....

When I was in North Africa, we did see our share of hummers that would not run though.....we'd put 14 of them on the hovercraft, drop 7 off at the beach, and have to bring 7 back to the ship because they wouldn't start!
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I want to Thank everyone for their support and here are some pictures enjoy.
          http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sgtkarbo/album?.dir=5dee

Comment

Hey Dave! Thank you!!! Cool Pics! I will see what old mags I have and send them over!
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I want to Thank Brian (Goodtimes) for sending some Mag's Thank you very much You ROCK! I'm moving to a new Camp so here is the address:
              SGT Karbo, David J.
              HHT 1/11 ACR, (SMO)
              Camp Liberty
              APO AE 09372

You guys Rock! Thanks for the support from the rear.

Comment

Hey Dave, I feel ya. I'm over here at Fallujah and missin out on all these great meets and events... makes me wanna get home fast. How long for? I've got until around Aug timeframe (or so the story goes for now.) Hope to meet you out on the trails.

P.S. Camp Liberty ROX! You lucky stiff!

Originally posted by tonkadave
                I want to Thank Brian (Goodtimes) for sending some Mag's Thank you very much You ROCK! I'm moving to a new Camp so here is the address:
                SGT Karbo, David J.
                HHT 1/11 ACR, (SMO)
                Camp Liberty
                APO AE 09372

You guys Rock! Thanks for the support from the rear.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Dave and Nicholas,

Thanks for everything you guys are doing over there. I've been there and it's no fun. Hurry up and come home safe and in one piece.

God speed.
                  Erik

I fix things.

Comment

We left The Great USA back in JAN. the 29 to be exact! but headed to Kuwait for about a month. got here in Iraq 22 Feb. Camp Taji. now after we just got settled and everything running smooth, well as smooth as they run in the military for those who know how things are done. now we got to pack up and move to another camp. I thought when it was time to pack we would be going home. But not this time. So we got till feb. or march time frame before heading home. Going Back to Cali. as LL cool J says!

Comment

Wow! We left on the 09 of Jan. Only I'll be headed back in early August. I remember you Army guys do longer tours here. Well, don't feel too bad, this is my third "short tour". All things being equal, I'll have 21 months in over here when this one is done.

Can't say as I know where Taji is, but I'll look it up on the map. Was checkin your pics, looks just like 'home' to me. I'm only a few Klicks south of you on 29 Palms. And as the story goes around here... I have to get back to 'work'. Damn Mujh getting uppity again. Take care, see ya around the sand box.

Originally posted by tonkadave
                      We left The Great USA back in JAN. the 29 to be exact! but headed to Kuwait for about a month. got here in Iraq 22 Feb. Camp Taji. now after we just got settled and everything running smooth, well as smooth as they run in the military for those who know how things are done. now we got to pack up and move to another camp. I thought when it was time to pack we would be going home. But not this time. So we got till feb. or march time frame before heading home. Going Back to Cali. as LL cool J says!
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey guys.

Keep your heads down over there.

Being in the navy we only fly support overhead for you all.

Thanks for serving.

Todd
                        Navy-Jeepster
                        Gold Digger
                        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I would like to send my thanks out to R. Wilmot for the support from the rear! I got the magazines you sent Thanks A bunch. I been sharing them with the other jeepers here and they send their thanks also! I really means a lot to us over here when we are supported from the rear by friends and family. I have to say my Jeep family is getting bigger. Thank you!
                          Proudly Serving
                          SGT Karbo, David J. AKA TonkaDave

Comment

Working...
                          X