Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project vehicle

Long story short. My dad had a brown unlimited with an auto. Didnt like the auto so he traded it for a green 6speed unlimited. Only had it for about 3 months with hardly any miles. About 2900. My dad got in an accident with it. He locked up the brakes and rear ended a van at about 20mph.(smashed hood, bent bumper, cracked windshield, air bags deployed, radiator stuffed in the fan)The insurance company courtesy totaled it because it was the company truck and he needed to be put in a vehicle within the same week of the accident. They gave him an identical blue rubi unlimited. My dad asked the insurance company what they were selling the green unlimited for and they replied with 5000. The jeep wasnt really totaled. It just couldnt be repaired fast enough to be givin back to my dad. Instead of fixing it. They were selling the unit as a parts vehicle. Anyways I will get pics of the crashed unlimited if we get it. The top, doors, axles, tcase, transmission, and motor are all brand new and are worth more than 5k. We dont know exactly what we are going to do with it. All I know is it is going to be really really cool when we get done with it!

If you guys get it and decide not to build it and part it out, let me know...I need a D44 desperately!

Good luck and have fun!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

If you do part it out, might be interested in that 6 speed

Sounds like a very cool project jeep!
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Get in line, PAL!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
          If you guys get it and decide not to build it and part it out, let me know...I need a D44 desperately!

Good luck and have fun!

Tam
          Don't know if you knew it but TJ dana 44's have the same axle tube wall thickness as a dana 35... you'd be better off with a Isuzu 44 or ford 8.8. found out the wall thickness when a buddy twisted his tj 44 and tried to re-tube it, he found it was easier to put a junkyard Cherokee 44 in that is way stronger. :2:
          Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Get in line, PAL!
            Looks like the line starts with me on that one. Snooze you loose
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
              Looks like the line starts with me on that one. Snooze you loose
              PM's rule
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?