Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fix scratched CD's?

Is'nt there a way to fix a mildly scratched CD that skips? I heard something like toothpaste or something.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

I use Turtlewax scratch and swirl remover. It works pretty well. I also saw an ad on TV recently for a slip on cover that goes over the CD. I can't remember what it's called tho. :/

A quick google on it will probably reveal something.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Radio Shack use to sell a nice polishing kit. What I do now adays is burn a copy of a CD and then but the orginal away in a safe place. If the copy gets scratch, I just toss it.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
        What I do now adays is burn a copy of a CD and then but the orginal away in a safe place.
        Pffft. It's a digital world buddy. Just encode the original to .ogg/.mp3/.insertyourfavoriteformathere. I've got about 75% of my cds encoded and it's great.
        Erik

I fix things.

Comment

It's a digital world buddy
          Yeah thats why I have an iPod but I still make copies of CDs that I think are going to travel

:hijack:

Speaking of digital, XM radio rules!
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
            Pffft. It's a digital world buddy. Just encode the original to .ogg/.mp3/.insertyourfavoriteformathere. I've got about 75% of my cds encoded and it's great.
            Unless you have a myriad of hard drives, encoding permanently deletes some of the song's sound information. Fine for iPods and computer speakers; not fine for high end stereo systems :2:

I burn a copy and leave the original in a safe place too.
            Since XM however, I find myself not even worrying about that mess and just carrying my Roady out the door
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Download the songs on it and burn a new CD. Since you already have the CD, it would be legal to do so.
              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

i've hed pretty good luck with meguiars polishing wax (also used it to take some fine scratches out of a pair pf glasses i have). YMMV

Comment

Working...
                X