Clear All

• XM Vs. Sirus - Discuss

Talk amungst yourselves. :yay:
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Where's our cawfee??? Haha

I think it all comes down to programming. Do you want to listen to Howard Stern? Do you have any other favorite shows? Compare the channel lists. I like XM's lineup better, plus they have more channels. Their hardware rocks too.

Unfortunately, as of April 1st I think, XM is going from $9.99 to 12.99 ... so you'd better pay up your two years in advance to get the better rate.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I agree with Sarah in that it comes down to there programming and there own taste.

I went with XM because I have heard it and like it plus the Alpine makes a stereo with an external iPod controller AND you can still get XM to work with it.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Good point about the channel lineup. I was thinking about sirus becuase I can buy a factory GPS/Sirus radio that plugs right into the truck. I it really depends on who I want to listen too.

hmmm
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

The few dollars a month difference didn't make my decision. I like Howard Stern but my commute to work 7 miles each way wasn't enough for me to get Sirus, I heard better things about XM. I got the XM letter about the price raise I briefly read it, said something about including new features and being able to access it online with no addional fee. I usually listen to the same 6 channels but I'm sure on my trip to AZ (7 hours) I'll check out other channels.
          *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
          Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
          Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
            The few dollars a month difference didn't make my decision. I like Howard Stern but my commute to work 7 miles each way wasn't enough for me to get Sirus, I heard better things about XM. I got the XM letter about the price raise I briefly read it, said something about including new features and being able to access it online with no addional fee. I usually listen to the same 6 channels but I'm sure on my trip to AZ (7 hours) I'll check out other channels.
            Free online? I'm on my brother's family plan, so I didn't actually read the letter. It's about time they let you online though, that rocks.

Chris next time we get together, check out my Roady.

Comment

I like the XM due to the lineup as well. Seems they intergrate with most high end stereo easier too.
              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                Free online? I'm on my brother's family plan, so I didn't actually read the letter. It's about time they let you online though, that rocks.

Chris next time we get together, check out my Roady.
                Cool.

Does it use an FM mod.? Does it ever get screwed up by a radio station or something?

I guess I have to get XM, onaccounta Phil Hendrie is on there, and thats good stuff!

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                  Cool.

Does it use an FM mod.? Does it ever get screwed up by a radio station or something?

I guess I have to get XM, onaccounta Phil Hendrie is on there, and thats good stuff!

It has an FM mod or you can use the output jack to go to RCAs. You stereo might support it like mine does. Driving through LA the FM channels can get screwy, but that's the only place where I've had a problem. (Since there are sooo many channels around there.)

Comment

My mp3s are more then enough for me. So a decent mp3 player (aka hard drive based) does the trick.
                    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      It has an FM mod or you can use the output jack to go to RCAs. You stereo might support it like mine does. Driving through LA the FM channels can get screwy, but that's the only place where I've had a problem. (Since there are sooo many channels around there.)
                      I dont think I have RCA jacks in the truck, so it will prolly have to be FM mod.
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
                        My mp3s are more then enough for me. So a decent mp3 player (aka hard drive based) does the trick.
                        WTF! I have to put a computer in my Jeep. That would last long.
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Haha, you can get portable MP3 players too, Dukes.
                          I just found the service update announcement, along with a new channel lineup.
                          *clicks print*
                          http://xmradio.com/serviceupdate/index.jsp

Comment

About RCA inputs, not sure about older jeeps but for my 03 which came with the fancy factory radio that has CD changer controls, I got a PIE converter module to get RCA inputs. It was a 5 minute install because I didn't even have to take the radio out ... I could reach the cd changer plug from the glove box opening and just plugged it in. Works great!

... definitely MUCH better than FM modulators.
                            03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                            "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I have Sirius and love it. I am a big Howard Stern fan. I have been listening for 20 years. I also like their line up. They have the exclusive rights to the NFL so that is a plus. Sirius can be accessed on line free of charge. You just need the passcode they send you.

Jason
                              The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X