Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like muscle cars?? check out this video i made *insane 1970chevelle400rwhp* !!!!!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukes69

Everyone knows chevrolet is the honda of muscle cars

!cough cough FORD cough cough!

Comment

Originally posted by TxJeepTJ
      street racing training days? .... let me guess you had a honda civic that ran a 16.5 that you got from your mom

i think i know whats safe and whats not... we dont do whatever you did
      Training Days
      7 years at LAC+USC General Hospital
      Internship
      Residency
      Chief Residency
      Fellowship

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool
      than to speak and remove all doubt.

- Abraham Lincoln
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

haa anyone here wear helmets when they go off roading?

this forum makes me wanna sell my jeep

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          anything else?

ok, I'll play.

come on out from Baja Oklahoma and lets run some junk.

the only 13 second run is the one I make to the toilet after seeing that video

Everyone knows chevrolet is the honda of muscle cars
          wow are you saying my video sux or that the cars dont run near a 13?...

hahah chevy is the honda of muscle cars? wow thats funny... oklahoma, i might just come over there
          Last edited by TxJeepTJ; 03-08-05, 10:35 PM.

Comment

haa anyone here wear helmets when they go off roading?

this forum makes me wanna sell my jeep
            yes actually, some do.
            this is not a muscle car forum, this is in offtopic and people are just stating their opinions. reading back on it, it seems that a few people even posted that they liked the video.

and why would you want to sell your jeep?
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              yes actually, some do.
              this is not a muscle car forum, this is in offtopic and people are just stating their opinions. reading back on it, it seems that a few people even posted that they liked the video.

ive seen people wear helmets street racing, anyways most forums ive posted this in (truck forums ect.) ive never gotten responses callin me things such as "stupid" or "irresponsible" ..... and having people agree with it. This tells me that obviously people that own jeeps dont get along with racing, therefor since i like fast cars better screw the jeep i want to get a car

only 1 person has like the video...

ive come to the conclusion that "silly boys, jeeps are for girls" is true.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                yes actually, some do.

ive seen people wear helmets street racing, anyways most forums ive posted this in (truck forums ect.) ive never gotten responses callin me things such as "stupid" or "irresponsible" ..... and having people agree with it. This tells me that obviously people that own jeeps dont get along with racing, therefor since i like fast cars better screw the jeep i want to get a car

only 1 person has like the video...

OOO and sorry "jmbrowning" didnt really read up on your profession

Comment

Actually, I think the video is pretty cool for being homebuilt by a bunch of gearheads. It's a lot better than I could do.

Clearly, you need a lesson in crash to see the stupidity in what you are condoning. The only beef I have with the video is that I can't make out the speedometer as you tear a$$ down the freeway. Driving like a fool in public parking lots and on open roads is not only stupid and irresponsible, it is ILLEGAL.

I think you have "racing" confused with teenaged middle of the night lawlessness. I happen to be pretty darn fond of racing in the appropriate places, having been to the Indy 500 a couple times, the Long Beach Gran Prix several times, many Cart races, and a handful of Nascar races. Had you made a video of cars punishing rubber at the local drag strip, I'd say you'd have a fine production on your hands. Since you chose to overreact to logic and common sense rather than seeing what you present as innocent fun for what it really is simply points out your immaturity.

I knew I shoulda kept that WRX so I could spank some Chevys... $20k invested eh? If I woulda put $20k into my WRX I coulda beat pretty much anything that costs less than $100k.

And to think I actually had a thing for '72 Chevy Novas.

Like I said, I like the video.
                  1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                  My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
                    Actually, I think the video is pretty cool for being homebuilt by a bunch of gearheads. It's a lot better than I could do.

Clearly, you need a lesson in crash to see the stupidity in what you are condoning. The only beef I have with the video is that I can't make out the speedometer as you tear a$$ down the freeway. Driving like a fool in public parking lots and on open roads is not only stupid and irresponsible, it is ILLEGAL.

I think you have "racing" confused with teenaged middle of the night lawlessness. I happen to be pretty darn fond of racing in the appropriate places, having been to the Indy 500 a couple times, the Long Beach Gran Prix several times, many Cart races, and a handful of Nascar races. Had you made a video of cars punishing rubber at the local drag strip, I'd say you'd have a fine production on your hands. Since you chose to overreact to logic and common sense rather than seeing what you present as innocent fun for what it really is simply points out your immaturity.

I knew I shoulda kept that WRX so I could spank some Chevys... $20k invested eh? If I woulda put $20k into my WRX I coulda beat pretty much anything that costs less than $100k.

And to think I actually had a thing for '72 Chevy Novas.

Like I said, I like the video.
                    first of all... the parking lot was an abandoned kroger, second of all we only race on one spot where cars are never ever ever ever at(service road)-- theres only one part in the video where that gold camaro loses control but that was just because of how powerful it was, he wasnt racing anyone. WRX?? was it an STI or just regular... those things have good low end but high end they would get raped.. idk if you had 20,000 invested in it tho

WELL I GUESS I AM IMMATURE i dont care, guess ima sell my jeep untill i become mature. untill then ima continue burning rubber in parking lots and doing illegal things because i am "immature" "irresponsible" and "stupid" -------- anything else anyone wants to add????

Comment

the gold camaro and the grey chevelle run mid 12's and the others are low 13's...................... i dont see what the problem is.. not like we raced down a narrow street with people lined up on the sides, "stupid and irresponsible".... whatever
                      Yeah, I have something else to add...

WRX - stock engine components and drivetrain. Vishnu Kit Mid 12's. $3,825 gets you that and the shiny exhaust too. How much was in that Chevelle? I sold my WRX for $16,500. That makes it just a shade over $20k... And I could downshift to redline at full throttle and duck into a corner and not lose control. Try that in a Chevelle.

Oh, and if you want to start spending more money, here's a good one: Easy Street WRX 740 hp, 10.73 @ 135 mph.

And the fastest WRX (a wagon nonetheless): TRP WRX (Australia) 8.98 @ 153 mph.

Who needs an STi? Just more junk to replace with faster bits.

So were you a seat ornament in this whole thing because you don't have your license yet, or were you just too loaded to drive that night???

If this wasn't so much fun, I woulda closed this thread already.
                      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                      My Jeep

Comment

WELL I GUESS I AM IMMATURE i dont care, guess ima sell my jeep untill i become mature. untill then ima continue burning rubber in parking lots and doing illegal things because i am "immature" "irresponsible" and "stupid" -------- anything else anyone wants to add????
                        Well said, maybe this thread should be closed. Mud is mud.

Cheers B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by rick
                          Yeah, I have something else to add...

WRX - stock engine components and drivetrain. Vishnu Kit Mid 12's. $3,825 gets you that and the shiny exhaust too. How much was in that Chevelle? I sold my WRX for $16,500. That makes it just a shade over $20k... And I could downshift to redline at full throttle and duck into a corner and not lose control. Try that in a Chevelle.

Oh, and if you want to start spending more money, here's a good one: Easy Street WRX 740 hp, 10.73 @ 135 mph.

And the fastest WRX (a wagon nonetheless): TRP WRX (Australia) 8.98 @ 153 mph.

Who needs an STi? Just more junk to replace with faster bits.

So were you a seat ornament in this whole thing because you don't have your license yet, or were you just too loaded to drive that night???

If this wasn't so much fun, I woulda closed this thread already.
                          haha that chevelle is worth $25,000.. since we're on the topic of being safe and not stupid... down shifting to a turn and not losing control wow, taking turns goin 60mph is somethin even i wouldnt do.

i have my license i just happen to own a jeep and not a car. driving drunk isnt good you should know that, racing drunk=bad bad... WRX... if you dont know(which you prob. do) a chevelle isnt known for good control...

and besides... lets see umm.. 35 year old car?... 3 year old car??? if you did watever you did to a wrx to a camaro(EVEN THO CAMARO DOESNT EVEN HAVE ALL WHEEL DRIVE) it would still be right up on the wrx... you might be asking yourself right now whats the difference between a LS1 and a wrx... maybe a price range of about 10,000 dollar

GOOD WAY TO SPEND AN EXTRA 10,000... they must add that 10g for the 4 door, makes it look really cute and sporty

Comment

taking turns goin 60mph is somethin even i wouldnt do.
                            Where did I say 60 mph? Actually 60 mph is the top of second gear, so maybe you're right. I guess it depends on the radius of the corner now doesn't it? And the embankment of the turn. I think it also depends on if we're talking about on the street or on a track... I guess it never occured to you that it makes sense to go to a track to do things such as this.

they must add that 10g for the 4 door, makes it look really cute and sporty
                            Nope. It's for the superior engineering and workmanship that leads to the interior not rattling after 50k miles. Oh, and the superior weight to power ratio. And the Torsen limited slip all-wheel drive. And the lack of failing sensors and leaking gaskets and ... Can you tell I've owned a Chevrolet?

That, and the nifty Neon front end styling
                            My Jeep

Comment

Dont take it so personally.

I was merely stating that to make racing "safe" those items would be a requirement.

We're a friendly forum here, dont freak out that we disagree with you on something.

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

This tells me that obviously people that own jeeps dont get along with racing, therefor since i like fast cars better screw the jeep i want to get a car
                                Rather the opposite. If you only knew. I have driven faster then you have ever dreamed of driving. Difference is, my "racing" is done as safe as possible and run by a sanctioning body. Street racing is not real racing and give us racers a bad name. Take it to a track. Just because you can toast some low profile tires doesnt mean you car is fast.

Yet you still have yours.
                                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X