Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukes69
    ...at least I dont have to haul bumpers in the stratus anymore.

YAY!!!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Nice truck!!

The Missus and I have been looking long and hard at a 1 ton diesel 4x4 with a quad cab to be our "road trip" vehicle. The Dodge 3500's have a $2500 cash allowance and 36 months of zero percent interest, so they definitely have our attention.

The alternative is a 1989 Ford quadcab F350 4x2 6.9 IDI that is flatbedded and free (just not interested in inheriting somebody else's cavitation problem, even if it is free).

Where can I find out the invoice price of the Ram 3500 Quadcab 4x4 Laramie J package?

Curious also, will the 48RE auto tranny be enough to slow down a trailer (with brakes obviously) that is within limits? Or should I go with the six-speed manual and get a Jakes Brake put in by the factory. I'm not interested in resell value, I just want a truck that the wife and I can get old with and that will haul whatever load-of-junk 5th wheel we end up retiring in.

PS. Who was your Dodge dealer that you speak so highly of? Gooddiesels.com seemed interesting but their trucks have obviously been used hard.

PPS. Brian, the Cummins make nice daily drivers. I think they get mid-20's unloaded and high teens when towing. Just make sure the dually fits in your parking spot. I might make a Ram dually my daily driver, as my current Jeep gas mileage stinks.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

His name is Marty Striano (909)910-1438-cell...at Norm Reeves here in Temecula. This is the fourth vehicle Ive purchased from them. (The Jeep was the 2nd ) Theyve always given me a fair deal without too much hassle. I havent had the Jeep in for any warranty work yet, but I anticipate that theyll treat me fairly. When my Best Friend purchased a Rubicon from them, drove it from here to Sylmar, kept it for one day and had major buyers remorse, they completely undid the deal and gave her back her truck. He'll take good care of you. If you tell me exactly what youre looking for, Ill call him and ask what he can get.

Hes also become pretty good friends with us. On Sunday, he came and helped move our 66 Chrysler 300 into the side yard (not running) Nice Guy. Hes also referred Rock-it Man business, and MJR some members

If anyone knows anybody thats in the market for a Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge, tell them about Marty , he will take great care of you or your friends and family.

HTH

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

A buddy (rented a room from me while his house was being built) has a '04 with the cummins. He has mentioned people having problems with the automatics, particularly in hot climates. Check Turbodieselregister.com (or something like that??) to find out what kinds of problems people are having with their diesels (all makes).

Kyle is getting around 17 or 18 mpg unloaded, with 35" tires (H2 takeoffs -- they can be had pretty cheap, fit the stock wheels, require no lift, look much better than the 29" OE tires, and help stop the driver from looking for 7th gear so much). With the scrambler in tow, he gets around 16 IIRC. The beauty of it is that the dodge doesn't even know the jeep is back there.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
            Nice truck!!

Where can I find out the invoice price of the Ram 3500 Quadcab 4x4 Laramie J package?

Build it at KBB.com, it will give you MSRP, Retail and Invoice price

I'm "A/B" ing between an '05 2500 Dodge (Cummins) and the '05 F250 (PSD)
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Tammy, thanks for sharing your hook-ups name and number. Even though I am not in the market for a new ride, nor am I in SoCal anymore, it's good to hear about the good dealers/salesmen instead of just the bad.
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                Build it at KBB.com, it will give you MSRP, Retail and Invoice price

I'm "A/B" ing between an '05 2500 Dodge (Cummins) and the '05 F250 (PSD)
                www.carsdirect.com has the lowest price I found and will also tell you the MSRP and invoice.
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                X