Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Shore Duty

Gotta love it. Yesterday we started something called Holiday Routine. During Holiday Routine we have a relaxed liberty policy with minimal staffing. In my case that means I work 7 days in the next 4 weeks. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get out and have to work for a living.

The other side of the coin is that every day for the last 3+ years I've been worrying about whether or not I was headed to Iraq or Afghanistan. Not sure the perks would've been worth it.
    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

VERY cool

Lets get together...drive up to Palomar or something, its scenic, even Kendra would love it!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Kendra's not driving anywhere right now. She gets wicked car sick even on short drives. She's feeling good about everything else, but her motion sickness has been amplified by the little parasite. But I'll come play.
      I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
        Kendra's not driving anywhere right now. She gets wicked car sick even on short drives. She's feeling good about everything else, but her motion sickness has been amplified by the little parasite. But I'll come play.
        Man, if that isnt paternal, I dont know what is..."the little parasite"

Too funny.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

A kinder, gentler military. I remember working till 10pm on x-mas eve one year when I was on shore duty.

Perhaps yet another reason to I told them to f*$# themselves when it was time to re-up.
          Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Yeah, it all depends on your chain of command and your command mission. I work at a clinic that's only open during bank hours, and most of our patients are gone for the holidays anyway.
            I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
            1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Ahhh I remember those days, deciding which half of december you wanted to take off without using any leave

My current job is closing down from christmas to new years with pay, not as nice as when I was in the Air Force but still gives me plenty of time to swap in my axles.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
                A kinder, gentler military. I remember working till 10pm on x-mas eve one year when I was on shore duty.

Perhaps yet another reason to I told them to f*$# themselves when it was time to re-up.
                Not here. It's still the same hours as sea duty without the boat. I as well will be ginving them the finger in a couple of years when it's time to re-up.
                [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                  Not here. It's still the same hours as sea duty without the boat. I as well will be ginving them the finger in a couple of years when it's time to re-up.

Dude, that sucks. Is it necessary for mission effectiveness or is it just 'cause your chain is full of jerks?

I wonder how many khakis and officers realize that troope morale is directly linked to effectiveness. I'm not talking about holding our hands and wiping our arses, but more positive treatment when not related to mission effectiveness.

I've been at my clinic for about 4 1/2 years and I've seen 3-4 complete chain of command changes. It's amazing how much more positive feedback we get from patients when we've got a chain that's conscious of morale. We rely on numbers just like any civilian HMO and it's incredible how dramatic the difference is when our CO, Chief, Branch Head changes. Our numbers will go up (or down) 10-15% from a change of command alone.
                  I'm a Daddy!!

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                  1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Working...
                  X