Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on flash memory

ok well i was looking at a cheap small digital camcorder/camera for my wheeling adventures. the ones i found that i am interested in have those little flash memory cards. Any of you guys and gals know how much i could record/take pics on a 128mb card? and also how much on a 256mb card?

oh yea and the camera would be a 3.1 mega pixel
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

obviously i cant spell(thread title) my bad guys!

Edit: I fixed it so you dont look so stupid - Chris
    Last edited by Dukes69; 11-14-04, 10:04 PM.
    B R E T T

Comment

Hey Brett...

I have a SanDisk 256Mb SD Card (the really little ones) and with a 5 MP camera, I can get an astounding 164 pics on it. Youd get way more with a 3.1 MP camera.

HTH

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

WOOHOO go chris!! thanks man. makes me feel smarter!

Tam; 164 pics ehh....thats a ton lol. and if i was only using 3.1 mp...200 plus maybe? now i just gotta figure out how many frames per second this camera uses.

CAMERA there is the cheapo camera i want
        B R E T T

Comment

hmm found another similar camera that takes pictures at 1600x1200 and video at 320x240 at 25 frames per second and is only a 2mp. so im assuming the one i was checkin out must also reduce the size of the picture in video mode. anyone have any idea how big(kb or mb) a picture is at 320x240?
          B R E T T

Comment

i'd suggest you do a web search for either the model or brand that you're looking for ... there are a ton of camera internet shops in new york, with REALLY good prices
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I've got a 256 with a 3.1 megapixal and I think on my last vacation it was taking around 190 pictures at the highest quality I could manage. I tried doing video (highest quality) and got about 30-45 second of video onto a 16 meg disk that came with it. Mine is a Sony Cybershot.

Comment

sarah i must say, your pretty smart...so i did the search found the website with all the company's stuff and also some charts on recording time...at 320x240 and a 256mb flash card it will be able to record approx 40-64 min and with a 512mb card approx 80-128 min.

another cool camera i found that is also pretty cheap takes 4mp pictures and can hold a flash mem card up to 1GB which is about 1408 pictures at 2304x1792 and 320-384 minutes of video at 640x 480

i guess in this case the internet is my friend

oh yea if anyone is curious about lookin at these little cheap cameras heres the site... www.aiptek.com
                B R E T T

Comment

I bought one of my cameras from Cameta Camera in New York...really great group of folks. I researched the second one, and bought it at Costco.

I wouldnt get anything under a 3.1...if you print your pictures out, youll get MAYBE a clear 5x7.

As far as the video ability...I rarely use it. Its too hard to upload them to friends.

Happy Shopping

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                    sarah i must say, your pretty smart...so i did the search found the website with all the company's stuff and also some charts on recording time...at 320x240 and a 256mb flash card it will be able to record approx 40-64 min and with a 512mb card approx 80-128 min.

another cool camera i found that is also pretty cheap takes 4mp pictures and can hold a flash mem card up to 1GB which is about 1408 pictures at 2304x1792 and 320-384 minutes of video at 640x 480

i guess in this case the internet is my friend

oh yea if anyone is curious about lookin at these little cheap cameras heres the site... www.aiptek.com
                    aww thanks. always consult me before buying electronics! LOL
                    if you didn't find the prices to be about $100 off manufacturer's (or best buy's) prices, let me know and i can help you out. i don't remember which place i got my digital camera from, but it was a solid $100 off. another really wonderful site to check out is www.dpreview.com ... they review the snot out of most new models.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

check out www.streetprices.com for your camera needs. you can get some great deals from there.
                      they compare camera shops prices.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Kinda late, but in my little camara (2.1 megapixel---which works out to 1600 x 1200), I can get right at 250 pics on a 256mb card.

For the big camara (6.3 megapixel), I have no idea what I can fit on the 1 gig card (just got home with it).

Oh, watch out when comparing prices on the digital SLR's. If you see a price that is way to low, there is a reason! When I researched the Cannon EOS Digital Rebel, I saw most prices around $8 - 900, with a few around $650. Those low prices did not include any lenses, and some did not include a battery or charger. So be sure to check what you are getting for that great price.
                        Last edited by goodtimes; 11-15-04, 09:31 PM.
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                        X