Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jefe
    KICK A$$!!

I've always liked their stuff!! If you don't mind, how much did that set you back???
    All I will say is that the engine is approx. $8k & so is the install. But then you do get to sell you I6, tranny & like I did Axles.
    '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
    '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

What? Power windows on a wrangler?!?!?!?! What do you do when you have to take the doors off?

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
        What? Power windows on a wrangler?!?!?!?! What do you do when you have to take the doors off?
        There are electrical disconnects at each door. The kit is made that way & is the same company that designed Ferrari & Lamborgini power windows.
        '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

power windows i got them to just lift off and no window, sounds cool. i am hopein that one day someone comes up with a way to do it ill go cummins way befor i put a chevy motor in my jeep
          im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
          4 inch rough country lift
          35x12.5LT16's
          super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Comments about the AEV Hemi?

First Hello,

My first post. Marshall I sent you an email but just in case I will post here. Hopefully it will go through this time. I have used the search button but if anyone can point a thread out to me I would greatly appreciate it.

I too am in AZ (Arrowhead Lakes in Glendale. 59th ave. North of the 101 )and I have been searching, Googling and trying to get in contact with a real AEV HEMI owner to answer my questions and find out more information. I guess I don't trust comments from dealers. So first I would like to say thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

1) Delay: from reading your posts on the forum, you waited more than a year to take delivery? If the AEV hemi was first created prior to being offered to the public then why the ECM code problems? any other problems with the delivery?

2)Arizona heat: with the tight engine I am concerned about the engine overheating and the heat transfer to the firewall and floor board inside the cab. With such tight space will the HEMI overheat during the AZ Summer?

3) MPG and Power: Was the MPG gain noticeable? Was the power very noticeable? I am sure it is but I would like to know if it is what you expected. What is the MPG now?

4) Department of motor vehicle registration, Emissions and Insurance: A friend had a bad experience with a LR Defender that was not imported correctly. They would not cover the accident. I wonder if your insurance was adjusted for the V8? Did the DMV have a problem allowing you to register the Hemi AEV? Does the title have the V8 typed in it? I ask because AEV told me it was not CARB certified and would not answer my questions. Consult your local....is what they kept saying. Did the insurance company adjust the contract for the value or did you have to buy gap insurance. Was the Car insurance higher than a regular TJ?

5) have you had any warranty work done at the local dealership? Was the warranty still honored?

6) Why would DC not finance 100%? I planned to buy direct from AEV but did you go the dealer route? Which do you recommend?

What other recommendations can you offer to someone who is about to make the jump? Any lessons learned? would you have done anything different to make the buying experience more enjoyable? Would you mind providing some details on how you were treated? How was the papers and transaction handled? The promised turn around time? Would you do it again or would a regular Rubi be sufficient?

Thanks,

Comment

so hows it running now? i think we'd all like to hear a current list of anything you've had to fix on the hemi. Does it overheat much? what was the final total from AEV for the entire heep? I only ask because i'm droolin over a brute, but cant decide if i want to wait for DC to get off their bums about the gladiator concept..

whats the mileage like on that hemi?
              beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

Originally posted by EvilPsych
                so hows it running now? i think we'd all like to hear a current list of anything you've had to fix on the hemi. Does it overheat much? what was the final total from AEV for the entire heep? I only ask because i'm droolin over a brute, but cant decide if i want to wait for DC to get off their bums about the gladiator concept..

whats the mileage like on that hemi?

I've had to fix nothing on the Hemi. The last issue was fixed that had to do with the emmissions NVLD causing a "check engine" light...not a big deal. It hasn't overheated at all after getting the new fan in. The cost of the Hemi & install is the same as quoted on their sight. As you know cost are different, based on what you want in it.

As for the gas milage...Right now I get about 14 mpg around town. That's with gunning it, a lot I haven't taken a long trip to get highway milaage yet, though. But again, my Jeep weighs probably over 5500 lbs.
                '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

Working...
                X