Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not another "Crying Wolf" thread!

Well, I've been busy with school & haven't been able to go on the Jeep message boards much the past 3-4 months...

But is is FINALLY official...I leave tomorrow evening on a 3:30 pm flight to Missoula, MT to pick up my Jeep on Saturday morning!!!

AEV ran into some major issues with the Hemi swap that makes Jordan (Dave's younger brother) of AEV an Automotive computer genius!

The issue...AEV found with the Hemi swap, that the Jeep Wranglers don't have an A/C module like the Rams do. The code that was being sent by the module couldn't be read & Chrysler engineers didn't know what the code was anyway. Why, because Motorola designed the modules & engine management system & would NOT tell Chrysler what the code was because of insider information clauses in the contract. So what Jordan at AEV did was, designed a mini computer to capture the code, he then had to desipher it, then re-write it in a language that the Jeep ECU would understand. From that, he designed a new module for the A/C system so that the A/C system works like it was originally designed to do. A/C engine management systems don't just simply provide cold air in the cabin of the Jeep, it now helps attain the highest effieciency that the motor & engine management system can provide for better fuel economy & ultimately emmissions.

They got that all in place & the Jeeps are all ready to go. I almost wasn't going to see it for another month, but that would have been because we where asked (owners of the first 3 AEV Hemi Rubicons) if we wouldn't mind having our Jeeps shown at the SEMA show in November. But Chrylser, after asking over a 4 day period still didn't give a yes or no answer to that & I decided to take my Jeep instead since Chrysler was draggin their feet & the cost of airline tickets were going up each day I waited for an answer.

So it's official...you will be seeing pictures very shortly!
    '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
    '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Right on! Its about damn time!

Sounds like a pain in the ASS with the A/C. I hope I dont have that problem when swapping in a Hemi in the 66 300

Cant wait for the pics!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Suprise Az., isn't that close to Wickenburg? I'll be in Wickenburg (w/Jeep) in late Feb. and I believe we'll be visiting a friend in Suprise. Sure be nice to see your Jeep, maybe a short run too!

B&T TJ

Comment

Rock on! Congrats, finally!!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Well, I am in Missoula at the Holiday Inn Express! I wake up & call Dave at AEV to come pick me up after I wake up. You think I'm gonna sleep in too long??? Though it is 12:30am...uggh, just got here about 15 min. ago!
          '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
          '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

sounds like a troublesome conversion that will end up very worth it. i think i would have done away with the ac tho i cant wait for my food in the drive thru let alone that long to drive my jeep. congrats
            im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
            4 inch rough country lift
            35x12.5LT16's
            super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by 02wranglersport
              sounds like a troublesome conversion that will end up very worth it. i think i would have done away with the ac tho i cant wait for my food in the drive thru let alone that long to drive my jeep. congrats
              Ah-ha, your Midwest colors are shining through. Finally someone I can relate to! LOL

Congrats Bumpy, your Jeep ROCKS!!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
              X