Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows users

i know all of you mac people are going to love this one.
    windows users, beware of the service pack 2 update. i just installed this damn thing on my computer, and it made it do an unstoppable loop. it locked me out of all reboot options, and left nothing to do ut a "restore"
    i have spend hours on the phone with tech support, and tried many different methods of getting inside this thhing to no avail. soooo
    i am just sharing my unplesant experience about the sp2 update, and giving the mac people something to laugh about. i am currently on my laptop, while the other computer fixes itself

this sucks most because i was all night working on an autocad drawing that i was sopposed to submit to the engineer this morning!
    i sure hope it doesnt get lost.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

That Sucks!! I know the feeling. I use Autocad too and when you lose a drawing, its the worst feeling. Well, really when you lose any work at all on any program is bad.....

What do you do?
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

i design dental offices, and get the plans through the city for construction. sometimes lend a hand to run the jobs on site. it is a cool job. i like it.
      it is so stressful with this computer problem because of deadlines. these plans are due today! that is why i was up till way past my bed time working on them to complete em'
      lol
      this is nuts!
      i'm going out of town on friday morning and dont have extra days to have these problems
      well... it will all work out.. it always does
      i guess now i have to completely reconfigure my computer, an reinstall everything.
      LOL
      ERIK

Comment

Thats the way it always happens. If you are behind are have a deadline, hhe computer will always go.

Hey. if you ever need and extra hand finishing up a drawing or anything like that, let me know, I have been working with AutoCad for about 6 years.

Good Luck.........
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
          i design dental offices
          Now we know how to blame for that God @#$% noise on when your sitting in the chair. :mad:
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
            Now we know how to blame for that God @#$% noise on when your sitting in the chair. :mad:
            lol! you cant blame me for that one... if you could, i'd be the one in the white overcoat making all the money
            ERIK

Comment

Are they building that many new dental offices up there? It seems kinda weird that they build enough to make it a special job. Kinda Cool. My wife wants to be a dentist some day. Just sayin'
              I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
              1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                Are they building that many new dental offices up there? It seems kinda weird that they build enough to make it a special job. Kinda Cool. My wife wants to be a dentist some day. Just sayin'
                well, i have done over this year, 50 dental offices so far this year and 2 residential remodels
                dental offices are popping up like coffee shops.
                cooincidentally enough, one of the offices i put together is a jeeper, and even a member of a few jeep boards
                i dont want to say who, but he might chime in
                oh... they arent just "up here" the one i am referring to is in your neck of the woods. i also have one currently hapening right down the street from tam...
                ERIK

Comment

so far this system restore isnt even working! man, this pisses me off.
                  my puter is 1 year, and 10 days old.
                  i think they have it on a damn timer
                  looks like i may have to get a new computer!
                  bad timing for this mess.
                  i'll see if i can take this one back to the store
                  ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    well, i have done over this year, 50 dental offices so far this year and 2 residential remodels
                    dental offices are popping up like coffee shops.
                    cooincidentally enough, one of the offices i put together is a jeeper, and even a member of a few jeep boards
                    i dont want to say who, but he might chime in
                    oh... they arent just "up here" the one i am referring to is in your neck of the woods. i also have one currently hapening right down the street from tam...

Awww....that makes sense. Still seems like a bunch of new dental offices. Of course, having military dental I don't really pay attention to civilian offices.
                    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Hmm... I've been a beta tester for the entire beta cycle and of the hundreds of PCs that I installed it on, I never saw any of the reboot issues.

Sorry, but I guess it sucks to be you.
                      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

mac has its fair share of issues too, so i feel for ya.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          mac has its fair share of issues too, so i feel for ya.
                          awww, thanks sarah i was really expecting a mac slap in the face
                          still working on the problem. i have managed to attatch the hard drive to another computer, and am taking the good files from it that way... then i'll get serious about redoing this thing. the return to the store idea didnt work... I'M SHOCKED! lol
                          i'll let you know how it works out.
                          in the mean time i am able to surf the net, but dont have this laptop configured for email, so i dont have any of that...
                          ERIK

Comment

Just an FYI, I did the SP2 update on my laptop and on my desktop last week without any issues. Did you have everything up-to-date before you did the SP2 upgrade?

Comment

yes, everything was up to date. i had it set up for the automatic updates.
                              the tech said "this happens" so i'm sure i'm not the only one. oh well...
                              i am still working on getting it to work. i have saved all pertinant files, and am re-running the destructive reboot to set it up like it was new. lets hope it works this time.
                              ERIK

Comment

Working...
                              X