Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crapping on the trail

we have discussed the proper way to do this in the past... well, i am bringing it up again.
    thanks for the great WAG bag tip, jmbrowning... great tip!
    here is another one. we all know al has been lugging his shit house around for some time. great job al!
    well, he gave me the link for the place to buy this inexpensive trail saving outfit for a very fair price.
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/

here is a link to some very good prices on the seat, and enclosure.
    thanks, AL
    they have the best prices on the wag bags as well, but are out of stock.

this is the same as al's set up... i have tried it out, and it works reeeaaalll niiice :p
    $36.93 shipped

this topic has started up again on another board that many of us frequent, and it seemed a great time to get it going again on this one.

i just bought mine... buy yours today!
    we have all been discussing this problem with the rubicon trail, right
    we were all ready to open our wallets to mage a donation to the cause, right?
    well, here is a great way to be pro-active in the fight for our trails. buy your shit house, and use it. concider the first time you use it as a donation to keeping our trails open

there are other nicer toilets available out there.. if you need the fancy one... go for it. just make it a fixture in your jeep.
    of course, on the shorter runs you wont want to bring the whole shit house with you. but do us all a favor, and buy a 12 pack of the wag bags, and keep a few in your jeep.
    http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/p...6&level2_title
    how do you feel about this?
    yes, i think i should make a $40.00 donation to my trails
    45.45%
    no.. i can crap in the woods if i want to
    27.27%
    i dont crap..... ever
    9.09%
    imodium ad is my friend
    18.18%
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

I bought the luggable loo for starters

Yeah, I bought the Luggable Loo for starters. It was easy to sit on and had a nice comfy seat. I soon discovered on our Mojave Road trip however that it was quite bulky for what it was storing and also, more importantly, that it wasn't anywhere close to airtight. No big deal when you are going top down, but, unfortunately, I drew the short straw and had to carry it in my hard-topped TJ (winter trip, you know).

Since then, the Missus and I have converted to the "Fat Fifty" ammo can. It sits quite a bit lower to the ground and has hard edges instead of a seat, but it is fairly compact and has the airtight seal factor. I have been snooping around at yard sales to find a training potty to cannibalize for a seat. Alternatively, I'll have to fashion something out of a bit of plywood and the Roto-Zip tool. Just plop it on the can when the time is right THEN put the bag in the can wrapping the excess OVER the seat.

The Luggable Loo has been relegated to earthquake hygiene duty. An alternative that was pointed out to me by my Astute Wife was that we could use one of those Gamma Seal lids and a 3.5 gallon bucket from Home Depot to make an airtight toilet too with a much more comfortable sitting surface.

Also, remember to pack out the TP in a ZipLoc and NOT to burn it or you may be sorry.
    Last edited by jmbrowning; 08-16-04, 10:51 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I can honestly say I've never crapped in the wild. It sounds scary! When I do though, I will be sure to take it with me. Vote me for a "yes!"
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

There has to be a way to carry a potty seat with a bag that hangs from it that attaches(detaches while moving) to your bumper or something...an easier way to carry your seat. Less bulky.

Has anyone seen something like this? Does scoopable kitty litter work at all?

I havent researched it too much. Havent had a need to, as Ive used Imodium on the past Rubicon Trips But in the essence of being a good four wheeler...I need to find out more

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I will not take Imodium and I like being very regular. The butcket is really easy but there are fold up types that just have a bag attached to them. I have seen them at camping supply stores.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

The question I have is about the first picture posted. Why is she taking extra clothing in there with her? I thought that you were advertising a toilet, not a female changing room.
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
                The question I have is about the first picture posted. Why is she taking extra clothing in there with her? I thought that you were advertising a toilet, not a female changing room.
                Perhaps the lady pictured has discovered that, like many things in life, Imodium is not ALWAYS a foolproof solution.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                  There has to be a way to carry a potty seat with a bag that hangs from it that attaches(detaches while moving) to your bumper or something...an easier way to carry your seat. Less bulky.
                  Sounds like a new bumper welding project for non-other than ... ROCK-IT-MAN

03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                  "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
                    maybe she just takes messy dumps :confused:
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

One good bowl of chill and a six pack you could blow that tent up like a ballon
                      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Hahaha ... I can see it coming ... armor and upgrades to the craping tent
                        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAH! to all of you. i expected this to turn into a poop joke!

on a more serious note this should be on the list of things to carry on the trail. not that we've never had them out before, also brian4.2 had one on the rubicon. another thing i can think of to add to the list is CAMP SOAP, not pantene in the lake!!!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey you two rebels...we know who you are! SHAME on you!!!

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                              Hey you two rebels...we know who you are! SHAME on you!!!

Tam
                              I'm sorry I couldn't resist
                              [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                              In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
                              X