Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought I would share... another veteran honored.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I would share... another veteran honored.

All,

Last night I had the opportunity to attend and speak at a ceremony in Tuscaloosa, Alabama...

My Dad was a really involved and a super active member of his local American Legion Post 208.

They are a group of veterans that are so involved in the community helping not only local veterans, homeless and needy, but are also involved in doing service anywhere and everywhere they can. They do everything from helping the elderly with groceries, to clearing land, to gathering firewood, to food drives for the hungry and toy drives for children. You name it, these guys are involved!

Well... my Dad, retired Captain Raymond Eugene Haines, was a member of this group. I say "was", because on July 10, 2015, my father passed away suddenly.

On February 16, 2016, American Legion Post 208 held a ceremony to officially rename their post in honor of my Dad. The new name of the post is the "Raymond Eugene Haines Post 208 of the American Legion". I was asked to speak, to share my Dad's bio and stories that would give greater detail into the man, who he was and what kind of impact he had on my life the lives of others close to us.

At this link, is a local (university television station) broadcast coverage of the ceremony.

Thanks for reading...
    [CENTER]
    My Dad... RIP Dad.
    [/CENTER]
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Salute
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks for sharing! RIP
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

good stuff brother.

Comment

Randy,
          I already told you congratulations but this... Is why America is so great. Because of veterans taking care of other veterans, showing respect and being good people. God bless your father and all the others that came before us.

BTW, you don't look ANYTHING like him
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X