Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude awakening

Raced at the Adelanto Gran Prix last Saturday and got a mid pack finish. Was happy with my performance since it had been months since being on the bike. My last crash took a toll on my body. Scott did well sat. with a 3rd in the vet class. All in all it was a busy but fun day. Worked up a good appetite for supper, ate like a horse, then stepped out for a smoke. That's when the chills and shaking started. Didn't feel sick, but couldn't quit shaking so I went to bed. Shook all night long. Stayed in bed thru out Scott's race Sunday. Mom and Scott decided that I should go to the hospital, so Scott had to lift me and carry me out. My legs were in extreme pain and they would not work. Arrived hospital around 1600 Sunday and was check in. Monday morning my legs had swollen to twice their size and you couldn't touch them without extreme pain. I was now cripple from the waist down. Turned out that my Rheumatoid Arthritis had gone septic on me and was pumping poison into my blood. I'm home now and able to barely walk with a walker. I've heard of people dying from RA, but never saw this one coming, it was close, Kevin

Wow! I hope you're recovering!
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Wow Kevin, that's crazy. Wish ya a speedy recovery

Comment

OMG!! I hope and pray that you will be feeling better FAST!
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Man thats crazy. Praying for a speedy recovery
          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow Kevin. Take care of yourself and heal.

Comment

Praying for a complete recovery. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted. Take care.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

Wow Kevin, glad Scott got you to the hospital to get that figured out before the outcome was worse than some swollen legs. Get better quickly!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Wow Kevin. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
                  Check out .

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Holy Crap Kevin, keep us updated on how your recovery is going. So sorry to hear this.[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Scary shit, glad you're doing better and found the problem quickly. I too have heard RA can be life threatening. Not this time. Cheers to you Kevin and a speedy return.

Comment

Kevin, sorry to hear. I hope you get better buddy, that RV needs some more breaking in

Comment

Kevin – Sorry to hear that. Hope you stabilize soon and we get to see you on the trail.

BTW – I know nothing about it, but I’d pay attention to the current discussion on Glenn Frey and what really caused his death (Google “Glenn Frey Rheumatoid Arthritis”) .

Comment

Kevin - we love you both and you're in our prayers. Let us know if you need anything.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thank you everybody for the kind words. Never thought much about R A, it was something you had to live with. But thinking about it now. My immune system, due to medication had dropped so low that a minor infection became life threatening. One minute was feeling good and then the shakes and chills started. You just figure that you are coming down with the flu. Now I know the signs and symptoms and will be paying closer attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X