"Just Another Jeepin Guy"

where are you planning to hunt? Do you save the pelts? Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
      where are you planning to hunt? Do you save the pelts? Kevin
      Saving the pelts is the idea Kevin. I was thinking Jacoby Canyon 3N61...M

Comment

Never gone coyote hunting before. Let me know when.

Comment

Why not just appreciate them? If you want a rush, try hunting people. Head over to Sudan and the middle east, or sign on as pirate security for a merchant ship going around Somilia. At least people can shoot back and have a fair chance. We do enough damage to the wildlife in CA... appreciate it, don't destroy it.

Comment

Considering the fact that I have a hunting license the law says I can do this if you're not into that then that is your choice and they do get a fair chance sometimes people miss. Ever been hunting before ?

Comment

yes.. grew up hunting white tail deer, pheasants and quail. It was not fulfilling in the slightest. I am a prior service Marine Officer and am an expert shot with both rifle and pistol. Hunting man is more appropriate because they are aware they are being hunted and have an opportunity to engage you at the same time. I call that a fair hunt. I am pretty accurate with a 120mm sabot round (about a 1.5 mile) from an M1a1 too. If you are going to post something on a public forum... be able to handle an adverse opinion. We live in the Coyotes habitat...we take from it all the time. Sorry if one ate your pet or something and now you feel they need to go. There used to be Grizzlies in Big Bear.. we destroyed them there too. You can legally be a hunter, that doesn't make you a better man. Nature is pretty cool, humans...not so much. Let's go Jeeping...B

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                yes.. grew up hunting white tail deer, pheasants and quail. It was not fulfilling in the slightest. If you are going to post something on a public forum... be able to handle an adverse opinion. You can legally be a hunter, that doesn't make you a better man. Nature is pretty cool, humans...not so much.
                ...To each there own. If hunting is not your thing then so be it that is your business. As to "You can legally be a hunter, that doesn't make you a better man" Guess what it does not make me a worse one either. I have been a hunter since 1977 at age forteen and have no plans to change no because some do not approve in this world. As to being able to handle an adverse opinion in a public forum I have been here for enough years that it would take more to offend me than just an adverse opinion. Anyhow, enough said on this one. It is starting to get away from topic. Have a great day and "73" Best Regards as we say on Ham radio.

Comment

You guys should go to the borrego desert area together. It shouldn't take long to find some human "coyotes". You'll both have a blast
                  God forgives, rocks don't
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdyj View Post
                    you guys should go to the borrego desert area together. It shouldn't take long to find some human "coyotes". You'll both have a blast
                    ...lol...

Comment

check the SB Co. shooting map for that area to make sure it's open area.
                      used to get a lot of pressure as the landfill is right up the hill.
                      troy rd used to be good as well
                      it's a big desert out there

Comment

Originally posted by jpflat2a View Post
                        used to get a lot of pressure as the landfill is right up the hill.
                        Have you had any issues up in that area ?

Comment

Used to go coon hunting in Georgia in the 70's. Take the dogs out let them go and go after them. Any property we crossed you had to invite the owners. One owner had a son from college visiting. We took him. We were pretty lit up that night. Dogs tree'd a coon in a tree, a big tree. We started shooting up in the tree to see what would fall out, the son who was visiting got a little up-set. Said he would climb up and get the critter.

After a minute or two he started yelling and branches and leaves started falling out. Butch and ole red neck yelled up and said throw that thing down here. The kid yelled back this things killing me, shoot up here...we actually tree'd a Lynx...
                          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                          WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                            Have you had any issues up in that area ?
                            No
                            But I've not checked the "official" shooting map either.
                            Just be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by jpflat2a View Post
                              It is a Yellow Zone area It is legal for hunting in that area NOT any other type of shooting. I would not have posted if it wasn't. Either way, thanks for the post of concern...Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X