Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet & Greets

Do you all ever do these?

Since I still don't have jeep here to go on any rides yet it would be cool to meet some other jeepers. Maybe some one could let me sit in their seat so that I can remember what it feels like lol.

IDTT. Come on out. I'm sure someone wouldn't mind letting you ride passenger. I know I would, but I'm not even sure if I'll have a running Jeep by then

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...o-CA-MAR-20-22

Been a long time since we've had the old Bass Pro meet and greets.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I'm near you, I'm just north of LAX airport. There are a few other members here on MJR who are near us on the west side, we should grab supper and a few beers sometime for a meet up.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
        I'm near you, I'm just north of LAX airport. There are a few other members here on MJR who are near us on the west side, we should grab supper and a few beers sometime for a meet up.
        I'm game!

Comment

The problem with a meet and greet is trying to find a big enough space/lot for everyone to bring and display their jeeps.

But as mentioned, Calico totally fits the bill and it's an amazing spot, please come out!

And neighborhood dinners/meetups are perfect in between.

I've been trying to get JeepGal to host a summer bbq (ahem ahem) so we'll see what happens
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Oh, and the BassPro guys won't have us back. I'm still not sure what we did wrong, (you'd think 100 jeeps in their lot would be epic to them) but I have a hunch that another group has moved in and taken our spot.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              Oh, and the BassPro guys won't have us back. I'm still not sure what we did wrong, (you'd think 100 jeeps in their lot would be epic to them) but I have a hunch that another group has moved in and taken our spot.
              They probably found out you moved to Colorado.
              Rich

Comment

I don't think Bass Pro banned us entirely; IIRC at the end of our last M&G, the store manager came by and said that next time, he would let us have the entire area by the BACK DOOR! Do you think that the fact that Bass Pro Shops and Toyota have a marketing partnership where the ads show their boats being towed by Toyota pickups may have anything to do with our Jeeps? (see the Bass Pro Shop home page for pictures of Toyotas). Meanwhile, Toyota clubs have had displays by the front of the store.
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                  The problem with a meet and greet is trying to find a big enough space/lot for everyone to bring and display their jeeps.

But as mentioned, Calico totally fits the bill and it's an amazing spot, please come out!

And neighborhood dinners/meetups are perfect in between.

I've been trying to get JeepGal to host a summer bbq (ahem ahem) so we'll see what happens
                  My wife has been pestering me about going camping, I'll run this past her.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                    I don't think Bass Pro banned us entirely; the store manager came by and said that next time, he would let us have the entire area by the BACK DOOR! Do you think that the fact that Bass Pro Shops and Toyota have a marketing partnership where the ads show their boats being towed by Toyota pickups may have anything to do with our Jeeps? (see the Bass Pro Shop home page for pictures of Toyotas)
                    interesting theory Russ,... you might be right.
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Trailabite View Post
                      My wife has been pestering me about going camping, I'll run this past her.
                      Can't make it. The one who must be obeyed, a.k.a my wife, informed me that we have friends coming to visit from out of town that weekend. Upon, which I said, there your friends not mine, now I'm grounded!

Comment

Doh! haha
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trailabite View Post
                          Can't make it. The one who must be obeyed, a.k.a my wife, informed me that we have friends coming to visit from out of town that weekend. Upon, which I said, there your friends not mine, now I'm grounded!
                          Bring the friends too!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            Bring the friends too!
                            lol - they are 2 female city slickers from Belgium. They only do sidewalks and store fronts!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                              I don't think Bass Pro banned us entirely; IIRC at the end of our last M&G, the store manager came by and said that next time, he would let us have the entire area by the BACK DOOR! Do you think that the fact that Bass Pro Shops and Toyota have a marketing partnership where the ads show their boats being towed by Toyota pickups may have anything to do with our Jeeps? (see the Bass Pro Shop home page for pictures of Toyotas). Meanwhile, Toyota clubs have had displays by the front of the store.
                              Yeah totally! Maybe we should have sold out?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X