Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bye Commi-fornia

Good chance I'll be transferring from San Diego to Las Vegas electively. I LOVE the weather here but that's about the only thing. It sucks when you have a micro-managing......manager who turns the otherwise awesome workplace upside down. I have become acclimated to consistent 75/60 degree weather but I don't think I'll mind dry heat. No state tax, gas which is 1.09 cheaper per gallon, housing that is 52% less, awesome wheeling, and a better work place has my mind set.

Anyone have any experience with living in Vegas/Henderson? Wheeling spots, things to do OTHER than the strip? Camping spots?
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

As far as wheeling goes, I don't know a lot of the area, but Logandale is pretty neat. You are also close to great wheeling in Havasu and Parker areas.
    Rich

Comment

I almost purchased a house out in southern Nevada last year, but I chickened out and decided to keep on working here in LA for a while more :-\

I asked a few folks about wheeling out there, there's definitely wheeling there. But asside from NV, you really aren't all that far from Cougar Buttes, Hammers, and Big Bear. Probably only a little bit farther than if you lived in LA. LA to either of those spots isn't a bad drive.

Good luck with the move!
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
        I almost purchased a house out in southern Nevada last year, but I chickened out and decided to keep on working here in LA for a while more :-\

I asked a few folks about wheeling out there, there's definitely wheeling there. But asside from NV, you really aren't all that far from Cougar Buttes, Hammers, and Big Bear. Probably only a little bit farther than if you lived in LA. LA to either of those spots isn't a bad drive.

Good luck with the move!
        Well I did just read tonight that Clark County which is pretty much ALL of the Vegas and surrounding area's has turned somewhat nazi themselves. More-so than Cali when it comes to engine swaps. Not only does it have to be same yr or newer, but it also has to be same manufacturer which BLOWS. There goes my 5.9 V8 Dodge swap. Guess it'll be the stroker.

Comment

I was looking around the Pahrump area, which is Nye County
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

If they are worse, can you take this pack of yahoos with you? It will help things here - and it can't make it any worse there. Just had to ask... Seriously, best of luck.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Vegas!! We will come visit. Hehe! Don't forget Moab! We'll meet you there!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

After just looking at Zillow.com and picking my jaw up off of the floor I can say that yes once I move and get my place that anyone who is in town and needing a place to crash or whatever you're welcome at my pad. For 250,000 you get a pretty freaking nice home in Vegas.

Comment

CA money is good when you spend it elsewhere

Comment

A friend from Nevada sent this to me:

http://www.movoto.com/nv/things-peop...ve-to-explain/
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

That's awesome Russ!
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                      X