Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new job

LYTLE CREEK (CBSLA.com) — Is 2014 a repeat of the great Gold Rush of 1849?

Prospectors in Southern California are heading to the hills, saying the severe drought has exposed gold that has never been touched by human hands. As water levels continue to drop more nooks and crannies are easier for these gold hunters to access.

“A lot of time you would just see a husband. Now you’re seeing the whole family out,” said Kevin Hoagland, of the Gold Prospectors Association of America.

Prospectors at Lytle Creek, 60 miles from Los Angeles in San Bernardino County, pan for gold, using metal detectors and sluice boxes. CBS2/KCAL9 reporter Art Barron witnessed veteran prospector Jack Barber pull up large pieces of the precious metal.

Armed with simple equipment, anyone can look for gold as long as it’s not on someone’s property or violates an existing gold claim. Many amateur prospectors are joining in the search.

“While you may not make a fortune, it’s a great way to spend time with the family,” Hoagland said. He said beginners may find $5 in gold, but if they’re lucky could take home as much as $200 worth
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Got my panning tools and am already hitting the mountains.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sounded like a butch of Jeepers if you ask me :haha:

I saw that earlier. Where's mah pan?

Comment

My next door neighbor is a serious gold panner. He told me (and showed me) that he pulled a 1/4 oz out of the area in the last two days.
        But I can tell you that he has ALL of the equipment and experience needed, and all of 8 hours per day to spend on it.

Your average panner is not likely to reap anywhere near this.....
        But I am willing to try.

A free Coke Zero for a few hours work in the mountains is totally worth it!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]My new retirement plan...[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Cool. When can we start our reality show?
            Check out .

Comment

Working...
            X