Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleiades meteor showers viewing

More space geek stuff. For those interested the Pleiades meteor shower is in effect right now, and will be at it's best viewing on August 11-12. Prime viewing time will be between 11PM Aug 11 and sunrise Aug 12. They are supposed to be fairly bright and as many as 60-80 per hour at the peak. Probably not visible from the city, but since we all own four wheelers here, what better excuse to get out and do a night run to the local mountains.

Enjoy!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

i can just sit back in my lawn chair and view them from home! I don't have to go anywhere!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      i can just sit back in my lawn chair and view them from home! I don't have to go anywhere!
      I'm very happy for you Roger. Enjoy the Hell out them. While I, on the other hand will have to drive ALL THE WAY TO THE HORRIBLE RUBICON TRAIL to view them. That is gonna SUCK!

Comment

Saw a couple of them last night and some this morning. One last night left a very nice trail across the sky.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to catch some tonight. Lawn chair is the way to go.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

I was out in Nevada last night, we saw quite a few nice meteors! The night before (saturday night) we saw a very bright one that had a green glow to it! As well as a few other regular ones. Wonder what that green one was made of!? haha!
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Green? That's really cool. Must have been a chunk of Krypton.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Must have been, hah! :-D And it was quite bright too.

I first assumed it was a russian ship of some sort, falling to earth. But it was to fast for that. No clue.
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I saw two last night!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I saw probably 5 or 6 with three bright white streakers last with. I think some were from the Aquarid shower that's also ongoing.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

We were at buck island lake sunday and monday. The fireworks were awesome! Several meteors went horizon to horizon and were red, green and yellow. Also got great star field shots of the milky way.

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                        We were at buck island lake sunday and monday. The fireworks were awesome! Several meteors went horizon to horizon and were red, green and yellow. Also got great star field shots of the milky way.
                        Awwwww, how awesome!!
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                        X