Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stories our Jeeps can tell

Ever wonder if your Jeep can tell stories of where it's been? I am working on the Pearl right now and I found that this Jeep at least can tell you where it's been.
    The Tcase cross member needed some love so I took it out. It's a Clayton design. Very beefy, but has a giant hole in the top for the trans mount. Over the years it's collected quite a varied collection of soils and plant fibers from the various areas the Pearl has explored.

Take a look at the picture and see if you can figure out all the places the Pearl has been...

20130722_192117 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

I know of at least three, but I'm sure there is more evidence in this pile. Have fun.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

You should pan that to see if any gold is in it.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      You should pan that to see if any gold is in it.
      Done. Nuttin...

Comment

I've got some ratteling sound coming from somewhere under my jeep, I'm convinced it's a rock or something that's bouncing around inside the frame. I've been on the underside with a rubber mallet and have pounded on everything, can't ever reproduce the ratteling sound. It's a very light-weight sounding rattle, I figured I'd be able to reproduce it!
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
          I've got some ratteling sound coming from somewhere under my jeep, I'm convinced it's a rock or something that's bouncing around inside the frame. I've been on the underside with a rubber mallet and have pounded on everything, can't ever reproduce the ratteling sound. It's a very light-weight sounding rattle, I figured I'd be able to reproduce it!
          The Rubi or the CJ? If its the CJ good luck. It could be anything.

Comment

in the TJ. It's hard to describe what the sound is like, it could almost be a loose washer or a real small wrench. not sure
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Cmon, have you really looked in your shorts?
              Could be just a cople of loose marbles from bouncing along the trail.

Just kidding son...!

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Hmmm... judging from that pile...I'd say its been in your driveway. [/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X