Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the Markets?

Some of you may know that professionally I am a financial advisor with UBS. I have been in my profession for the past ten years since I left the Marines in 2002. I primarily work with small businesses and their employees. As employees have been retiring they have been rolling over their 401ks into IRA's with me. I have been receiving a lot of calls this week from my clients with concerns about the stock market.

What I do not want to do is have this come across as a solicitation. I do want to offer my time and thoughts to members of the MJR crew who are concerned about their own retirement accounts. Feel free to reach out to my via PM. No charge, no cost to chat.

Some items we are discussing:
    1. Current stock market volatility
    2. CA Bond market yields (federal and state tax free)
    3. Strategies for shielding current income from taxes.
    4. Strategies for providing a stable income stream in retirement that you can not out live.
    5. Strategies for providing/receiving care if one has some form of disabling event (car accident, stroke, heart attack, dementia)

Again, this is not a sales pitch, but so many of you have helped me learn and get going in the Jeep space this is one way I am able to give back. You know what u know about Jeeping... I know what I know about wealth management

Thanks,
    Brett

Hi Brett,
    You must have gotten a good response, your PM inbox is full!

You are making a very nice offer to help folks with the market.
    I'm fairly knowledgeable about the conditions that have put the market into motion recently. What I am interested in is #4. Long-term income options. Can you guide me on that?

Mike
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]I would PM ya Brett, but I have no wealth to manage.:dunno:[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR="#800000"]I would PM ya Brett, but I have no wealth to manage.:dunno:[/COLOR]
        Hard to make a buck standing on the street corner in jogging shorts eh?
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I am in Vanguard at work. I have advisors to talk to anytime I want but a fresh perspective is always good. I hope you start by stating that the market is emotionally driven. I've stayed the course for over 26 years and watched my account rise and fall (plummet some might say as of late) but I've never panicked as some pundits would have you do. When you PM box clears out I'll send you a question.

Thanks Brett, nice of you to offer.

Comment

My retirement plan is to die with a wrench in my hand. If my 401K ever gets above IOU, I may have to PM you. Very nice of you to offer.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Gold really took a hit last week. Lowest it's been in several years if not a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                Hard to make a buck standing on the street corner in jogging shorts eh?
                [COLOR="#800000"]HEY! Those are some FABULOUS shorts![/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice offer Brett.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Im already working on my 2nd million dollars.. My 1st attempt failed.
                    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Sorry everyone... wow... I wasn't expecting this much activity but I guess that shows my clients are not the only ones concerned with what is going on with the markets these days... mailbox is now empty...

Comment

Brett when I get my EBT card can I buy Food Stocks with that?
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

It always amazes me when people panic over the market. Markets goes up, and then they go down. Dollar cost average, look at down times as a time to buy, and pick quality stocks or mutual funds with quality firms with low expenses and fees. With a little studying and reading, this stuff isn't rocket science. This market is overbought, and yes it will go back down. Look at it AS A BUYING OPPOTUNITY. Oh and most important of all, enjoy your lives. If the market takes a total ----, we will all be in the same boat. Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                            ... If the market takes a total ----, we will all be in the same boat. Kevin.
                            UM no we won't all be in the same boat, soon after I retired I pulled all my $$ out of the stock market. It's too volatile and I don't trust it.
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                            X