Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway 38 CLOSED

http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci...s-barton-flats

A tanker accident between Barton Flats and Angeles Oaks on Hwy 38 has spilled 1700+ gallons of gasoline and an undetermined amount (upto 4000 Gal) of diesel INTO a creek draining to the Santa Ana River.

Hwy 38 is closed from Lake Williams (near Big Bear) to Angeles Oaks. ALL forest roads in the Santa Ana Valley (including Middle Control, 1N09, 1N54, 1N64, 1N04, 1N45, 2N93, 1N06, Glass Road, Seven Oaks Rd., ect) are closed. These closures are for an indefinite period. This will be a major HazMat incident with a serious fire potential. I expect 1N12 and 1S12 to be closed also since they are upslope of the river as it reaches the Seven Oaks Dam.

This closure may be in effect for a while.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

I really think they made a big mistake with the new gard rails. They have had more problems with big truck since they put them in than before.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Holy Hell... as if the fire danger wasn't high enough already. Every whack job within 100 miles will be wanting to set that area ablaze.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci...s-barton-flats

A tanker accident between Barton Flats and Angeles Oaks on Hwy 38 has spilled 1700+ gallons of gasoline and an undetermined amount (upto 4000 Gal) of diesel INTO a creek draining to the Santa Ana River.

Hwy 38 is closed from Lake Williams (near Big Bear) to Angeles Oaks. ALL forest roads in the Santa Ana Valley (including Middle Control, 1N09, 1N54, 1N64, 1N04, 1N45, 2N93, 1N06, Glass Road, Seven Oaks Rd., ect) are closed. These closures are for an indefinite period. This will be a major HazMat incident with a serious fire potential. I expect 1N12 and 1S12 to be closed also since they are upslope of the river as it reaches the Seven Oaks Dam.

This closure may be in effect for a while.
        I own a cabin off 1N86, just south of Glass Road on forest lease land, our water supply is Stetson Creek.
        This is TOO close for comfort for me !!

There is a major growth clearing program for the area coming down the Government pipeline, if I was a conspiracy theorist I would think maybe they are trying to save some time and money and just burn it out.

Comment

Remember to tread lightly, folks!
          holes = cowbell

Comment

I have some friends that have a family cabin at Weesha. Guess they won't be visiting that for a while. (?)
            Bummer on the whole situation.
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Highway 38 has been reopened.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Have the trails been re-opened too?
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Have the trails been re-opened too?
                  All the trails affected by the spill have been reopened.

Comment

Working...
                  X