Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTEMPTED TO STEAL 6spdYJ

Well, I got lucky. This morning I went out to find my driver's door open and all of the trail books from my console on the passenger seat. I didn't see anything missing - $40 stereo and CB still intact... Then I went to start it... Whoever the dirtbag was must have been spooked by my wife getting up because he cut out so fast he left the Toyota key he had jammed in the ignition. Didn't see any sign of tampering with the limo, so I can assume they've been eyeing mine for a while. Keep your eyes open and invest in a kill device (Jeep or otherwise). This is a really bummer compliment. Thank God we still have it.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

I'm SOOOO Happy for you!
    My JK was stolen from my driveway on January 20th!

Stolen JK
    Last edited by CLACKEY; 01-29-13, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear that the attempt failed. Sorry about the broken key in the switch. Hopefully the repairs will be quick and painless.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Actually, they just left it. I pulled it right out. Could have been that they just wanted your old Moabs
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Scum. I hope they get what's comin' to them.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

well.. now maybe you can use the key to find his toyota truck and "borrow" his

Comment

Sum bitch! It's "steal a Jeep Days" at your local SoCal Jeep owners house. The guy or gal who tried to steal yours wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, huh?
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This is exactly why I never let my Jeep sit out overnight. I don't even like leaving it out anywhere, but I've been driving it to work for 2 weeks now since I haven't had time to fix the WJ for Matermomma she's using my DD.
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

WOW! So lucky !

I've had the kill switch for years but just got an alarm as well that came with another kill switch. Sick and tired of their Grimy hands on my Jeep. Next step is a shotgun.

Jeep Gods were smiling on you!
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Very glad to hear the 6spdYJ wasn't stolen, Ted.

You know, the airbag in your steering wheel could work like a mini-claymore. Just sayin'...
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

No airbags in '92 - but the thought of a mace bomb crossed my mind. I'm building a security system that will alert me more, the more they try. It will buy me time and get them more involved. I don't see it ending well for them...
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

Damn thieves. I hate 'em.

Someone recently stole a D ring off my front bumper. I should feel blessed that is all they took...
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Finally got to install my anti-dirtbag device today. Unless the theif has an electrical engineering degree and a lot of time on his hands - or drives a flatbed, I'm pretty sure I'll have the 6spdYJ a long time. If anyone on MJR wants details, just PM.
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

Pm'd you. Although, after my last anti-dirtbag device (you should trademark that ) went south and caused me nothing by Jeep heartbreak, I'm reluctant to put something in that messes with the ignition again. However I am curious to see what you did.

Comment

Working...
                            X