X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Accident at Frazier Park/Flyin'J's

Originally posted by from KGET 17 news
    Big rig accident claimes life of Ealimart man

FRAZIER PARK - A bizarre chain-reaction crash near Frazier Park has taken the life of an Earlimart man.

It happened Thursday morning on the Frazier Park Mountain Road off ramp.

The CHP said it began when the brakes on a big-rig caught fire. As the driver exited the road, he slammed into a construction truck, causing it to flip over.

The big-rig slammed into yet another truck that was being used to fix lights in a parking lot.

Ronal Marroquin was standing 30 feet off the ground in the truck's cherry picker, and held on for dear life as his vehicle spun out of control.

"I was fixing that light up there,� said Marroquin. “My truck just started spinning, spinning around."

Investigators said the big rig then slammed through a fence and wiped out several vehicles in a fast food parking lot.

The driver of the big rig, 41-year old Jose Trinidad Bocanegra, died at the scene.
    see video here

This was the accident that happened between the time you guys left Flyin' J's and the time we got there...a matter of perhaps 25 minutes.

So sad, I had a feeling no one could have survived that

Tam
    Last edited by JeepGal; 07-21-04, 12:07 PM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

wow how awful!!!! It sounds like it could have been alot worse , I am glad no one else was hurt or killed how sad for the driver and his family though. I cant see the video the link is broken but that is hit and miss for me anyway.
    Lisa
    Have you hugged your Jeep today??

Comment

i cant see the video either.
      post some pics!
      that had to be a wild ride in the cherry picker.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
        i cant see the video either.
        post some pics!
        that had to be a wild ride in the cherry picker.
        Did you press the play button on the video screen? I sat there for a bit waiting for it to play before I pressed it

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
        X