Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd letter from D-C...Jeep wants to buyback my rig!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd letter from D-C...Jeep wants to buyback my rig!

I got an odd letter from Daimler-Chrysler over the weekend indicating that I had a highly desirable 2003 Jeep vehicle and that they wanted to buy it back at over-market-value to resell as a certified pre-owned vehicle.

I thought that it was interesting, but I turned down the offer as I would have to return a Jeep missing swaybars, bumpers, entire suspension, rocker panels, wheels/tires, driveshaft, crossmember, trackbars, radiator fanshroud, blah, blah.

Anybody else get one of these and what is up?

Are they getting tired of my zero-interest loan and planning to rectify matters by giving me more money than my Jeep is worth?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

That is there way of getting you to trade it in. It is a common thing to do. Your Jeep is just a normal jeep.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

What he said. I got it last year for my heep. Its a way of getting you to think about buying a new one. I get calls sometimes, too. I just tell them I love my Jeep and won't replace it.
      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
        I would have to return a Jeep missing . . . radiator fanshroud, blah, blah.
        Fanshroud? why? :confused:
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Half of my fanshroud is missing as a result of my body lift. Cutting it was quicker than dropping it.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
          X