Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened on this day in 1941?

Listened to the news all morning and not one peep about it.

Worth reading.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/...alls-infamous/

That was a good read. Took a day trip to Pearl Harbor last year the day after Christmas while on vacation.

Comment

Same thing this morning on the news. Not one word. I thought it was pretty sad. All they talked about was the idiots protesting Christmas trees.

Really sad the direction we are heading in this country.
      Check out .

Comment

Well, we remembered it, and so did a lot of other people. We'd all be a lot better off if we stopped thinking of big media as our collective voice and conscience and kicked them to the curb. Let them be silent. In unrelated news, Japan had a big earthquake today.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

I was at least glad to hear a nice story about my wife's co-workers father who is 94 years old and served on the Pennsylvaina during the attack. He was honored at the Pearl Harbor ceremony yesterday. As the story was told to me, he and a few shipmates left right before 8am that day for a day trip of sightseeing. Well, we all know the story from there. This sailor was asked to advise on the Pearl Harbor movie but he denied because it was still too hard to talk about.
          Unfortunately as these veterans get older and pass on, so will their memories from this day. Their stories need to be written down or they will be lost.

Comment

Yesterday morning I asked my class what today was, I got a bunch of Friday, day before Saturday and 1 not sure but thought something happened. When I said what it was I don't think anyone cared. Average age of my students is 18 - 24.
            I saw nothing on it other than in the corner of my news feed is an area posting what happened today in history, it was mentioned there.

Really...protesting christmas trees? Next thing you know, they will protest teaching about snow in school.

sad
            Last edited by Zoobi; 12-08-12, 07:40 PM.
            Come to the dark side.....
            We have Cookies!

Comment

the "news" isn't ever worth watching. IMO.
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

just saw this post today, I work for the FED. the flags were @ half on the 7th, but nobody but a few of us knew why. I told my kids to remember the day before I left for work, maybe they let some know. yeah, that generation is all but gone...
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

It all goes back to the selfishness that's promoted today. Never mind what others have done to secure your safety - that's in the past. What can you claim violates your feelings so you can file a lawsuit and secure your financial future? At least you'll have money to waste while you're waiting for your entitlement checks from the government.
                  God forgives, rocks don't
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                  X