Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound off!

Happy Veteran's day! Post up your service, unit any interesting deployments, etc... Post for yourself or family members. 1992-1997 USMC Huey/Cobra Avionics technician and IMRL manager (pogue)
    31st MEU (USS Belleau Wood), 11th MEU (USS Essex)

Dad was USCG on Cutter Winona and Buoy Tender Fir 1964-1968

Thank you for your service!
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

USMC 1976 - 1980, (3531) Tactical & Explosives truck driver
    Thank you, past-present and future, Veterans
    Last edited by GP4Play; 11-11-12, 10:56 PM.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      Happy Veteran's day! Post up your service, unit any interesting deployments, etc... Post for yourself or family members. 1992-1997 USMC Huey/Cobra Avionics technician and IMRL manager (pogue)
      31st MEU (USS Belleau Wood), 11th MEU (USS Essex)

Dad was USCG on Cutter Winona and Buoy TFir 1964-1968

Thank you for your service!
      Dude!!! I was on the USS Anchorage for both of those Deployments. 3rd Bn1stMarines, Weapons Co.!!
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

1983-1987 USN Deep Sea Diver Hooyah! TeamWork 84 in Norway (USS Austin LPD4), Gitmo (twice) Med Cruise 86, Jamaica (boom boom school). David Taylor Naval Ship Research and Development Center Cardrock, MD (testing new propulsion designs for Boomers) USS Vulcan Dive Locker, USS Yellowstone Dive Locker, Fort Story VA. Chasin skirts in 15 different countries... "Fly Air Force, Navy Divers need the work"! Salvage and recovery of various planes, helicopters and other miscellaneous military junk.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Dad:WWII Navy - Pacific Theater Chief Petty Officer
          Mom: WWII - worked at the USO facility in Griffith Park LA California
          Uncle: WWII Navy - piloted a landing craft at Normandy Beach
          Uncle: Navy - Korea
          Brother: Coast Guard 1969-1973 Hawaii
          Son: Air Force - Chief Master Sargent - 1st Gulf war, Iraq again 2010 Retires next year
          Nephew: Navy Currently serving on USS John Stennis Aircraft Carrier
          Nephew: Army a Tanker - Currently stationed at Fort Reilly KS
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Dad:WWII Navy - Pacific Theater Chief Petty Officer
            Mom: WWII - worked at the USO facility in Griffith Park LA California
            Uncle: WWII Navy - piloted a landing craft at Normandy Beach
            Brother: Coast Guard 1969-1973 Hawaii
            Son: Air Force - Chief Master Sargent - 1st Gulf war, Iraq again 2010 Retires next year
            Nephew: Navy Currently serving on USS John Stennis Aircraft Carrier
            Nephew: Army a Tanker - Currently stationed at Fort Reilly KS
            Its a family affair... What a history! Hooyah!
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Father: Drafted for the Army in Vietnam, and stayed in for 25 years till retirement. 2nd Armored Division

Grand Father on my mothers side: was a Navy bomber in WW2, I don't know much about him or his service, but we do have a stack of medals that he received, one of which was for dropping a bomb down the smoke stack of a Japanese ship (as the story goes, anyway). I would have loved to hear him talk about his service I believe he flew the Grumman TBF "Avenger" bombers.
              Last edited by daniel_buck; 11-14-12, 08:58 AM.
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

My dad was a ground crewman in the Army Air Corps in WWII. I was a Cobra and Huey pilot in Vietnam. After Vietnam I remained in the U.S. Army Reserve at Los Alamitos where I was an aircraft maintenance officer, aviation logistics officer, training and operations officer, and aviation battalion commander.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Both my grandfathers were Navy, WWII, One was a machinist stationed off of Kodiak Alaska, I don't know much about it though, the guy was real quiet & I din't know him well. The other was an aircraft mechanic, He got booted off of the aircraft carrier he was on when they got to Hawaii after those brothers all died together. He was an only son. So he was stuck fixing planes in Hawaii. He told me some fixer up stories that make our 'genius' trail fixes that we come up with sound pretty silly 'specially when you figure he was werking on fighter aircraft, he said he would test fly every bird he fixed- it was as much as he could do. He was not happy about being held back from the fight.

My dad was Navy, DC'man, all 'gator freighters, got to the coast of Vietnam when he was 16. He didn't have much left at home after the 9.2 earthquake an tsunami destroyed Kodiak, no high school to go to, and no records to prove anything otherwise.

I joined the Navy bent for the Gulf War, Engineman, 'gator freightors just like the 'ol man, but by the time I got to the LST the war was pretty much over- but I got to spend some quality time on 4 different LST's, and an LSD outta Japan before I got out of Clinton's Navy... just as the female berthings were being put in...

My stepbrother Chris went Army, put boots on the ground in Iraq, did his 4 years and now has a very normal life, wife and kid.

To all those that join - knowing how screwed up the country is - but worthy for the fight just the same, I salute You!
                  Last edited by Kodiak Spirit; 12-03-12, 09:17 AM.
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X