Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th District is California’s Alamo

Sorry to get political on you, but we need your help up here in Congressional District 8.

This area includes Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, Johnson Valley, the High Desert, Death Valley, Mono Lake, to name a few. We have all seen trails closing in these areas and a current congressman who won't take a stand for the OHV's.

That said congressman is retiring, so we have a new challenge to elect someone who will represent US for once.

Gregg Imus (Republican) is that man.

Gregg's opponent has written, carried and approved the recent helmet law (AB 1595) affecting ROHV's. I bet the 4x4 vehicles are next! He will NOT represent our sport in congress.

Gregg says, "In Washington I will fight for expanding the use of government land for OHV use. After all, it is our land, not theirs. I will push back the BLM from locking us out of our land. I will work to repeal Feinstein’s Desert Protection Act, Endangered Species Act and Wilderness Protection Acts that have taken away Americans rights to enter the land that is ours."

"Miners, ranchers, packers and OHV enthusiasts are finding that the last entrances into these areas are locked up tight."

I personally know Gregg Imus and I know that he will do what he says. And I promise to be right there holding him accountable once he is elected. Please help me spread the word, and vote, if you are in the district!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

P.S. If you'd like to meet Gregg, come to Stallone's Pizzaria 32800 Old Woman Springs Rd. in Lucerne Valley on October 10th at 6pm.

Sources:
    http://www.imusforcongress.com/2012/...se-to-ab-1595/
    http://www.imusforcongress.com/2012/...fornias-alamo/

Map: http://wedrawthelines.ca.gov/downloa..._certified.pdf
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Good luck up there. You're fortunate to have someone like Imus, and I hope he gets re-elected.

Here in the 45th we've got Mary Bono-Mack, who is a land rights and access liability. She has gone over to the other side to close off public lands--having them declared "national monuments" and "wilderness areas." Of the latter, we lost a large area south of Anza near Chihuahua Valley that is rich in minerals and had some fun creeks and washes for wheeling. It's interesting to me that many mineral-rich areas are being closed to prospecting and vehicular access.

EDIT:
    The other areas I'm thinking of are also Anza turf: Cahuilla Mountain and Santa Rosa Mountain.
    Last edited by inVERt'D; 10-03-12, 09:30 PM.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
      Gregg Imus (Republican) is that man. Gregg's opponent has written, carried and approved the recent helmet law (AB 1595) affecting ROHV's. I bet the 4x4 vehicles are next! He will NOT represent our sport in congress.
      http://cal4wheel.com/latest-news/311...ed-by-governor

Paul Cook is taking credit for working together with off roaders to amend portions of the bill.

Someone needs to contact CA4WD and let them know that they should be carrying press releases from Greg Imus and not Paul Cook.
      Last edited by FishPOET; 10-03-12, 04:21 PM.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        http://cal4wheel.com/latest-news/311...ed-by-governor

Paul Cook is taking credit for working together with off roaders to amend portions of the bill.

Someone needs to contact CA4WD and let them know that they should be carrying press releases from Greg Imus and not Paul Cook.
        GOSH! Can someone contact them? I'm working on my CORVA email. Sheesh. We need to stop this madness. There is too much to do!

Comment

GOSH! Can someone contact them? I'm working on my CORVA email. Sheesh. We need to stop this madness. There is too much to do!
          Here's the email form. I sent one off.

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Good luck up there. You're fortunate to have someone like Imus, and I hope he gets re-elected.

Here in the 45th we've got Mary Bono-Mack, who is a land rights and access liability. She has gone over to the other side to close off public lands--having them declared "national monuments" and "wilderness areas." Of the latter, we lost a large area south of Anza near Chihuahua Valley that is rich in minerals and had some fun creeks and washes for wheeling. It's interesting to me that many mineral-rich areas are being closed to prospecting and vehicular access.

EDIT:
            The other areas I'm thinking of are also Anza turf: Cahuilla Mountain and Santa Rosa Mountain.
            Thanks! But Imus has never been elected to anything. He did win the primary but because of Prop 14 we have two republicans running against each other in the general.

Comment

DOH!:homer:
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Contacted Mark Cave.
                Mr. Cave,
                My name is Kurt Kauffman. I am a member of Cal4W, BRC, CORVA, and am an Adopt-A-Trail volunteer for the SBNF. Myself and whole lot of other dues paying supporters of Cal4W are wondering why you have chosen to display, on the front page of your website, Paul Cook's thank you letter in regards to AB1266. Are we not supporting politicians like Gregg Imus that actually agree with and support off road recreation and land access? Paul Cook obviously does not have the pulse of the off road community, as demonstrated by AB1266. There is no good reason for this bill other than to further erode our access to off road recreation. Is that what Cal4W has decided to stand behind? Should we be concerned that Cal4W is not supporting the Gregg Imus' here in California that want increased land access? Please tell me that we are not heading in the direction Paul Cook and others want us to go.
                Please show Cal4W support for Gregg Imus. We need our representatives (read Cal4W) to speak for us, not our opponents. And trust me, I've emailed all the other .orgs about this issue as well. I'm not singling Cal4W out. I hope you take the time to read this, and maybe even respond by showing support where YOUR supporters want you to.

Thanks for your time. respectfully,
                Kurt Kauffman

His phone number is: 559-623-5338. He actually answers his phone! Scary...
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Roger and I have both posted on Paul Cook's Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/electpaulcook
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
                  X