Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing drive

After not driving my jeep for about 9 months, I FINALLY took her out for about a 2 hr "around town" drive. Talk about a FEEL GOOD drive. Every stop light people were looking, at a Cafe I went to I had 3 people chatting w/me about jeeps. Even had a cop looking at me w/o incident lol.... I forgot how nice it is to just drive around with the top and doors off. It's 100 out today but it sure felt nice. Just my happy rant..
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

[COLOR="darkred"]Couple weeks ago, wife and I drove down Hwy 1 towards San Diego... was great to feel the ocean breeze and see people point at the POS an wave. Its nice to just get out in the Jeep sometimes.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Every time I'm out and about in my Jeep someone says something nice about it! Every time I get gas someone will comment on my jeep! It's a blast!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

yeh. I just forgot the feeling. Been doing nothing but work and sleep and driving a honda civic between. Finally getting her ready for the desert cool down so I can enjoy getting out.

Comment

Love driving my Jeep. Hate leaving it out of sight.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

I get more comments and thumbs up with my <$4000 willys than most people get from a Porsche Actually it's kind of anoying some times.
            Last edited by daniel_buck; 08-09-12, 05:48 PM.
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
              I get more comments and thumbs up with my <$4000 willys than most people get from a Porsche Actually it's kind of anoying some times.
              The price of a very cool rig.

My wife doesn't like when I drive the jeep, with no top and doors. She thinks I get too much attention. Even with her in the passenger seat
              girls still say Hi to me. Funny thing is, that only happens when she's with me. lol
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

kinda like going to the mall by yourself or with guys. You wont even get eye contact from a chick. Then when you go w/your gf/wife/etc they just look and look. Its because when you're in that position, your not a threat!... Textbook mentality.

Comment

Working...
                X