Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to borrow AR-15 tools

Kinda bad timing with the recent shootings in Co. But want to reconfigure my ar-15 and dont want to buy the tools to break it down unless I have too. Does anyone have the tools I can borrow to do this job. Need barrel wrench especially,head space guage and reciever block fixture. I am willing to paypal collateral if you want to ship to me and once i ship back you can return the money minus shipping. If your close I will just pick up and pay cash collateral. PM me with with what you got. I will also have a 20" stainless match bull barrel, aluminum floating handguard, billet gas block and gas tube for sale in the near future.
    Last edited by Jeeperator; 07-27-12, 11:54 PM.

Sorry I can't help with providing them. But when I needed similar goodies, I just bought 'em on ebay and re-listed after using. You might even be able to make a small profit if you're lucky.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Not a bad idea, atleast if i can get them used the only money lost is the shipping cost both ways. I wonder if anyone knows any local gun smiths. I also need to get a ruger 10/22 barrel cut and threaded.

Comment

Isn't the 10/22 clamped? Or are you looking at the business end?
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Building a ar10/22 and cutting to 16" threading the barrel for the flash suppressor. Not like it will do much but I like the look. Yes the 10/22 barrel has a vblock with 2 socket head screws holding it on.
          Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to ask, are you cutting the stock barrel? What is the thread you're going to? Any machine shop should have the die to cut the threads. For that matter, with the small diameter of the barrel, anybody with a lathe and a holder for the die could do it.
            Last edited by 6spdYJ; 07-29-12, 08:30 PM.
            -sons of thunder

Comment

I am cutting the stock barrel to legal 16"s going to shop around with machin shop and see if they can cut thread and recrown the barrel. If I weld the flash suppresor on I can shorten it to 14.5". I ordered all the tools to build my ar upper. Anyone interested in an ar build party ? lol.

Comment

The Costa Mesa gun show is later this month. You can probably get some tools, there, on the cheap.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I guess I was a little late with this one. I have this collecting dust sitting around the house.

[COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

lol thanks but allready got the tools and assembled the rifle. Found the stuff on ebay fairly cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X