Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Movers Suck

i got these sun performance mirror movers the other day... after fighting to get thm on my jeep.. these things arent worth their weight in shit! you cant even see the mirrors with the doors on, and the passenger mirror is only visible if you twist it all the way forward and look at it through the windshield.
    i am VERY disappointed with these, and wont be keeping them for any length of time.
    BOO
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Yeah I don't like mine either. Plus when I open the doors it knocks them outta whack. But... gotta keep em so I stay legal.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Re: Mirror Movers Suck

Originally posted by NAILER341
      i got these sun performance mirror movers the other day... after fighting to get thm on my jeep.. these things arent worth their weight in shit! you cant even see the mirrors with the doors on, and the passenger mirror is only visible if you twist it all the way forward and look at it through the windshield.
      i am VERY disappointed with these, and wont be keeping them for any length of time.
      BOO
      It is a matter of what you can deal with. The ones I had on my old TJ, I could only see the passanger side when I rode doorless & had to move it out of the way (rotated forward) when I had the doors on so that it didn't get wacked when openning the door. I was able to see out the driver's side one & without it hitting the door.

Was the fight with them, just getting the bolts out or where the holes not lined up right? For the bolts, you need the best torx socket you can & a long 3/4 size extension to allow you to slowly turn the bolt out without stripping it.
      '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
      '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

Now you know what factory CJ mirrors are all about . The TJ mirrors on my CJ are mounted on relo brackets. The best thing you can do if you have the doors on most of the time is leave the passenger side on the door so that when you have the doors off, you are still legal (drivers side mirror is all that is required), and then you don't have to look through the windshield when you have the doors on. Of course, you have to get used to not having the mirror when the doors are off. Most of the time that is on the trail though. I just deal with looking through the windshield...
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Erik I tried to warn ya... but then again mine are different cuz they're TJ mirrors...

What Rick said!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
          X